How do I teach my almost 2 yr old to stop coloring on the walls?

I have tried showing him to color only in the coloring books or on paper and I try to keep the pens and markers out of his reach but my 8 yr old doesn't always remember to put her stuff away and my son finds it and colors all over the walls...I have even tried putting the coloring supplies away from both of them but to no avail my curious boy finds something to doodle on the walls with...any advice would be nice!

Charmedmommy82

Asked by Charmedmommy82 at 1:42 PM on Jun. 24, 2008 in Toddlers (1-2)

• Well since you have other little ones with access to crayons there's not much else to do.
    There is a heavy duty hand cleaner, I think it's called 'Go Joe', that's great for getting crayon marks off of walls though. A generic version you can get from the Family Dollar is called Permatex Hand cleaner.
    TarotMommy

Answer by TarotMommy at 3:37 PM on Jun. 24, 2008

• Take ALL the crayons OUT of the house! Period! Untill they are old enough to respect your rules they dont need crayons. Even if the older one does follow the rules. No crayons NO marks on the walls. simple! Also Crayola makes those color magic things that dont write on anything but the special paper.
    vbruno

Answer by vbruno at 3:58 PM on Jun. 24, 2008

• Have him help clean it off. This is the begining of teaching him to take responsibilty for his actions.
    If he got ahold of them because of an older siblings carelessness, have the older sibling help too.
    kaycee14

Answer by kaycee14 at 5:24 PM on Jun. 24, 2008

• One of the Mr Clean majic erasers will take crayon off the walls and won't damage the paint.
    Beverely

Answer by Beverely at 3:29 PM on Jun. 25, 2008

• I don't think they meant to break the rule, but it is more fun to go one a place without the limit. I agree the idea with the heavy duty cleaner.

Remind him and show him you are upset that you draw on the wall again. Dad might can help you on telling him that.
    yoshiki56

Answer by yoshiki56 at 5:23 AM on Jul. 5, 2008