Does this make me a bad parent?

Okay, so i had my son in may and i've only gone out once to like a party since i've had him. and since i did this girl that is supposedly supposed to be my best friend tells me that i'm a "bad" parent for wanting to go out and i'm probably going to leave my son like how my mom left me. I'm NOTHING like my mom, and it just bothers me that she would have the audacity to say something like that. Well, anyways; tonight i'm going out to the movies with some friends, and once again my sons dad is making me feel guilty about it and he's going to go hang out with his friend who happens to be dating my "best friend". Should I just not go so i don't have to hear any grief from anyone for wanting to go out with some friends, or is everyone else just really immature and i do deserve to actually get a night out?

ammbbbeeeerrrrr

Asked by ammbbbeeeerrrrr at 2:58 PM on Oct. 23, 2009 in Relationships

• We all deserve breaks. You arent a bad parent for wanting them or taking one when the opportunity arrives. Keeps us sane.

As for your friend...tell her to keep her opinions to herself and if she cant, she can stay away til she's able. You dont need that, no one does and a true friend would see that a break is needed from time to time and not hound you.
    Amaranth361

Answer by Amaranth361 at 3:19 PM on Oct. 23, 2009

• You should go...mommies need a break too

bumblebeestingu

Answer by bumblebeestingu at 3:00 PM on Oct. 23, 2009

• you need to tell them to shove it, I don't go out very often but you have to sometimes, just because you are a mother that doesn't mean that that is ALL you are, you are still a woman who needs to get out and have some fun everyonce in a while, I love my son but sometime a gril just needs to get out of the house for a couple of hours, they ARE immature and you DO deserve to go out.
    Anonymous

• Nothing wrong with recharging your batteries sometimes...we all need a break. Be sure you are acting responsibily when you are out, but nothing wrong with having a babysitter sometimes.
    ria7

Answer by ria7 at 3:02 PM on Oct. 23, 2009

• They are immature. My son is 20 months old. I have only hung out with friends 3 times since he was born. My husband and family have practically begged me to go out more.They need to be more supportive everyone needs a break.
    armywife2009101

Answer by armywife2009101 at 3:02 PM on Oct. 23, 2009

• Don't let him guilt you into not going, he has his time right, YOU NEED YOUR TIME TOO.... It is easier for him if you stay home. Don't fall for it... As for your friend, either she knows more than what you are telling here or she is NOT a very good friend. Either way, you should go..
    midnightmoma

Answer by midnightmoma at 3:03 PM on Oct. 23, 2009

• no, she's just not a good friend, lol. She gets mad if I don't do things with her, or if i would rather go out with someone else than hang out with her.

& i do act responsibly, lol. im not old enough to buy alcohol and get myself drunk.
    i mean, honestly? whats the most trouble i could get into at the movies?

ammbbbeeeerrrrr

Answer by ammbbbeeeerrrrr at 3:05 PM on Oct. 23, 2009

• No, you're not a bad parent. Not at all.

I think that for our sanity, that it's best for us to take a break sometimes. Being responsible when you take that break is a good idea, but going to the movies perfectly fine.
    Cavalrybaby02

Answer by Cavalrybaby02 at 3:13 PM on Oct. 23, 2009

• So your son's father can go out an hang with his friends but if you do then your a bad mom? hmmmm
    worriedmommy600

Answer by worriedmommy600 at 4:05 PM on Oct. 23, 2009

• DON'T WORRY ABOUT WHAT PEOPLE SAY ....YOU NEED A BREAK , HAVE FUN BUT BE RESPONSIBLE!
    ELIZABETHSMO902

Answer by ELIZABETHSMO902 at 4:10 PM on Oct. 23, 2009