Itching (Very TMI)

My anus and the surrounding skin has been itching like crazy. Its driving me insane. I have actually scratched it so much that I have broken skin and there is a bleeding scratch right now. Yes I clean it well enough, no I dont have any STDs or hemmeroids or other medical issues that would cause this. The soonest I have a Dr. appointment is next Wednesday. What can I do until then to relieve this horrible itching and get my sanity back?!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:02 PM on Oct. 23, 2009 in Health

• Sounds like pinworms to me. They are very easy to get rid of, just make sure to go to the doctors. Normally with pinworms, its a lot itchier at nighttime. Its common in children, but it is also seen in adults. When children get it, normally the whole family is treated for it because it can spread easily.
    Anonymous

• are you sure it's not a hemorrhoid? they really itch and they are not always a huge lump

princessbeth79

Answer by princessbeth79 at 3:04 PM on Oct. 23, 2009

• OMG! I was feeling this about a week ago I thought maybe bc I wasn't doing a good job cleaning but damn all my life I've had my butt hole...lol what could I have done differently?
    I would just shower and put a small dab of anti itch cream or Prep-H (even though I know it is not hemmroids..just to sike my mind out...LOL) It helped though. Hope u feel better soon.

I wonder...Can adults get pinnworms?
    Anonymous

• Its good to know Im not the only person who gets this.
    Anonymous

• try putting a little witch had on a cloth and holding it there for a minute. you can do this after you use the bathroom. It is really calming to the area.
    crazy4u49033

Answer by crazy4u49033 at 3:16 PM on Oct. 23, 2009

• Yes adults can get pinworms, why wouldn't they be able to? They are just less likely because they (hopefully) wash their hands on a regular basis, don't eat dirt, and don't chew on dirty fingur nails (the eggs travel in dirt)
    Anonymous