H1N1 help with 25m.o., yes another shot question

My DD is 25m.o. She got a flu shot on her 24m.o. checkup and now her Dr office notified us that they just received the H1N1 vaccines. I scheduled an appt for Monday for both my hubby & her. They say they recommend it for kids & hubby works at Albertson's so I'm pretty sure it would be a good idea for him to get it.

I don't know, I guess I would like some opinions as to whether DD should get the vaccine. She is not exposed to a daycare environment. My aunt watches hers 3x a week for 7-8hrs a day. My grandma and my other niece is there with her and then she gets picked up by hubby. I guess the only exposure to germs that she may get is if my niece happens to get it or if she gets it while we go out the mall/market etc.

It's not too late to cancel. Should she get the vaccine. I'm like on a 50/50 boat

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:07 PM on Oct. 23, 2009 in Kids' Health

• I have a 3 year old and an 18 month old plus I'm 8 months pregnant. We are all getting the H1N1 vaccine the moment it's available here. My pediatrician and OB/Gyn highly recommend it. The H1N1 virus has been pretty mild unless the patient has been under the age of 5 or has been pregnant. In a child as young as 25 months it can be deadly. The vaccine is safe. It was given in Australia over a month ago and none of those people have had adverse side effects. This is nothing like the swine vaccine of 1976 (that one killed a cousin of mine).

My doctor and my childrens' doctor recommends it. That is enough for me.
    ThrivingMom

Answer by ThrivingMom at 3:12 PM on Oct. 23, 2009

• For myself I have chosen to not get it for any of my children.
    This is a decision that you are going to have to make.
    Every will have their opinion on it, good or bad but ultimately it is your decision.
    My Opinion is, I think this whole H1N1 is crazy and is making people crazy and scared. I do not think it has been tested enough to determine if there are long term effects. I do not want them shooting my kids with a live virus and "maybe" they will not get it?? Everyone I know that has had it really did not feel that bad and said the flu was worse than this. There are precautions out there and if your child has other problems then you may need to look into it more. Like I said, everyone has their opinions and it is a decision to make on your own. GL
    JLynn0871

Answer by JLynn0871 at 3:16 PM on Oct. 23, 2009

• My daughters are not.
    Do some studying. :)
    http://www.nvic.org/Vaccines-and-Diseases/H1N1-SWINE-FLU.aspx
    Autumn22

Answer by Autumn22 at 7:09 PM on Oct. 24, 2009