how much did you pay for your toy wagon?

it's me, the wagon lady again! lol
ok well I called a local place and they have the steel and wooden radio flyer wagons...they sound classic and long-lasting. the prices range from $89-$119. although they are within my budget, they are still pretty pricey, but really I'd rather get something wooden or steel than plastic "crap" (although i've heard nothing but rave reviews on cafemom about plastic wagons). may I ask how much you paid for your wagon and what kind it is? this question is especially for anyone who bought it new! thanks :) i'm going item and price comparison crazy today! I just want to make sure I'm getting a good product for the money. as I posted elsewhere, target has the RF pathfinder on sale for $62 and step 2 for two wagon on sale for $53, but just because they are affordable doesnt mean I'm gonna grab them

Owl_Feather

Asked by Owl_Feather at 3:13 PM on Oct. 23, 2009 in Just for Fun

• I know this isn't what you asked, but I have a plastic wagon. we bought it for my son who is now 14. We still use it with our little ones when we go to the beach. It wore really well. Although, honestly, we hardly use it.
    mompam

Answer by mompam at 3:22 PM on Oct. 23, 2009

• well yes I am reconsidering the wagon, thinking we might not use it as much as I think we will. my son would probably enjoy riding in the wagon, but he is so active these days, he'd probably want out of the wagon shortly after...this is why I dont want to spend too much. if it lasts a long time great, but if it's not used much, it might not be worth it. maybe a soccer ball would be better suited for this age (he'll be 20 months old around xmas time)
    Owl_Feather

Answer by Owl_Feather at 3:30 PM on Oct. 23, 2009

• My parents have the metal radio flyer that they bought for me when I was a child, probably 20 years ago. It's rusted and the wooden gates are in bad shape. It has spent most of the last 20 years in the garage. It looked like this except it was made out of wood when it was new. I have no idea how much my parents paid for it: http://www.epinions.com/review/Radio_Flyer_All_Terrain_Steel_And_Wood_Wagon/content_439655239300

I bought the step 2 plastic wagon last October for about $50 from SAMS. It spent most of last winter and this summer outside. There is virtually no wear on it.
    Cavalrybaby02

Answer by Cavalrybaby02 at 3:32 PM on Oct. 23, 2009

• thank you cavalry for your input!
    Owl_Feather

Answer by Owl_Feather at 3:52 PM on Oct. 23, 2009