Do you ever feel like you cook the same thing over and over?

I know you don't have it every night the same thing but having it too often.

If it aint chicken breast it is ground beef...we do eat pork chops but my dh does not like them baked they have to be fried and eaten right away once they cool off it isn't the same atleast for me it isn't and especially the kids.

We done roast eh!!! it's ok what else is there we pretty much eat what I just mentioned above.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:29 PM on Oct. 23, 2009 in Food & Drink

• tacos, spaghetti, tacos, spaghetti, pizza, tacos...uh yea I've had that feeling lol
    ria7

Answer by ria7 at 3:34 PM on Oct. 23, 2009

• Yes, very much so. I find recipes from time to time on CafeMom that I use, and also other websites such as allrecipes.com, and recipezaar.com. I like to read cookbooks. But even so I mostly just cook the same stuff. My husband, luckily, doesn't really care. As long as it is edible, he'll eat it. :)

Answer by Bmat at 3:34 PM on Oct. 23, 2009

• What I started doing a while back is I have about 5 cook books, and one night each week I go through and pick one recipe to make. It still might be chicken, but it will have a nice glaze to go with it. It might be steak, but it will have a nice bell pepper and mushroom topping. You can find some super nice stuff to cook. Once you buy ingredients for 3-4 meals, you usually end up having what you need in your cabinets. So the first few meals might cost a little extra as you buy the extra seasonings and stuff, but after that its smooth sailing.
    CarolynBarnett

Answer by CarolynBarnett at 3:35 PM on Oct. 23, 2009

• No way because here is what I do.......I log onto allrecipes.com and they feature a recipe everyday which has really helped me out. I made Penne and vodka sauce the other day....mmmmmm! And cocnut curry chicken...oh yeah! I have copied so many recipes onto index cards that I dont repeat to often. I also have cookbooks. I like Racheal Ray too.

Now doing the dishes over and over gets boring.....blah!
    3gigglemonsters

Answer by 3gigglemonsters at 3:49 PM on Oct. 23, 2009

• I love to cook and try new recipes. With that being said. I usually try new meals out on DH when the kids are not home. I feel where you are coming from. With 3 kids, I cook basically the same things from week to week. When I find things that all 3 will eat and I know I can cook quickly, I tend to over do them. Trying new foods sometimes takes a lot of prep and cooking time and on a normal day I don't have a spare moment.
    JEAmom3

Answer by JEAmom3 at 4:23 PM on Oct. 23, 2009

• Here are some of my recent menus. Send me a message offlist if you would like any recipes: Week of 10/18
    Sunday–black bean soup, quesadillas, avocado salad
    Monday–lentil tacos
    Tuesday–mushroom stroganoff
    Wednesday–stirfry
    Thursday–peanut noodles
    Friday–Mediterranean stew
    Saturday–pot pie
    Week of 10/11
    Sunday–chili
    Monday–not crab cakes, tofu fish sticks, baked sweet potato “fries”
    Tuesday–peanut noodles
    Wednesday–tamale bean pie
    Thursday–Mexican bean and pasta bake
    Friday–breakfast for dinner – pancakes and fruit
    Saturday–pizza (on the grill, weather permitting)
    Week of 10/4
    Sunday–white chili
    Monday–lentil sloppy joes
    Tuesday–curry
    Wednesday–southwest falafel
    Thursday–zucchini and cheese enchiladas
    Friday

Answer by rkoloms at 9:15 PM on Oct. 23, 2009