Is it possible or even healthy to lose 25 pounds in 2 months?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:30 PM on Oct. 23, 2009 in Health

• I lost 20 lbs in 2 months and I think it was healthy - I just cut out all the junk in my diet (no more red meat and no soft drinks) and starting exercising 30 minutes a day. It was almost like my body didn't want all that extra weight and it just dropped when I made some healthier choices. I just didn't do a starvation diet or anything crazy - it's HOW you lose weight that makes the difference, not HOW MUCH.

Answer by missanc at 3:36 PM on Oct. 23, 2009

• No it is not healthy. You should only loose 2lbs a week

Answer by louise2 at 3:31 PM on Oct. 23, 2009

• It is possible, but no not healthy in the slightest. Healthy weight loss is 4-5lbs each week for the first 1-2 weeks, and then 1-2 lbs each week thereafter.
    CarolynBarnett

Answer by CarolynBarnett at 3:32 PM on Oct. 23, 2009

• And I would do this by

A. Drinking more water
    B. Eatting healthy
    C. Becoming more active

Right?
    Anonymous

• Yup, thats right :) Remember not to starve yourself...your body needs nutrients. Smaller portions and cutting out sodas, candy, and salt really helps me a lot. Not a true diet...just smaller portions. Eat until you are satisfied, not stuffed.
    CarolynBarnett

Answer by CarolynBarnett at 3:36 PM on Oct. 23, 2009

• I once lost 30 pounds in one month by cutting out soda , juice and salt, and getting on my treadmill for an hour every day. It didn't feel UNhealthy to me but I've heard it is.
    Anonymous

• Rule of tumb 2lbs. a week ... If faster weight loss, than you will regain it and more. Just drink a gallon of water daily and a high fiber diet will keep you feeling full. Good luck...
    goldielock37

Answer by goldielock37 at 3:56 PM on Oct. 23, 2009

• Most people will drop a lot the first couple of weeks due to water weight, depending on how bad they were eating/drinking prior to starting their diet. 25 lbs in 2 months at the beginning of a diet is possible, but shouldn't be counted on.
    Anonymous

• 25? probably not,more likely to lose 20 lbs in 2 months... but even that might be a lot.
    Anonymous

• I lost that much by exercising 30 minutes a day and cutting out some stress and unnecessary calories. It didn't feel "unhealthy", especially since after that first 20 - 25 lbs came off, the rest has been pretty difficult to budge. I'm at 30 lbs in six months, now.
    Iskkra

Answer by Iskkra at 5:30 PM on Oct. 23, 2009