how do you feel about the N1H1 shot for your child

i am really confused as to what i should do about this im very protective of him since he spent 3 weeks in the nicu and hes my first and only as of now and with his 3 years shot coming up im afraid they are going to tell me we need to do this shot and i just dont know how i feel about it. My husband wants him to get it he says he will be fine but im not sure what to think or feel i dont like the thought of it but i really dont like the idea that if he ever did come in contact with it that it could possibly kill him so im asking for help any way i can but please dont fight on here i just want to hear why or why not you think they should or should not get the shot please respect everyone feelings to this topic as i know its a hard one to talk about and can get pretty heated and thats not what im looking for im just trying to do whats best for my child and i think everyone can understand that.

EdensJezebelle

Asked by EdensJezebelle at 3:41 PM on Oct. 23, 2009 in Kids' Health

• I got my daughter the H1N1 shot and she did fine. No side effects, etc.
    Anonymous

• I'm scared of the thought of geting it to my son he was in the nicu for 4months I don't want to give it to him unless I get it first my son got his normal flu shot after I got mine and he did well....
    enaNianza

Answer by enaNianza at 3:53 PM on Oct. 23, 2009

• My kid currently has the H1N1 virus and HE WILL BE GETTING THE VACCINE November 10th when the school has the flu and H1N1 vaccines too!!!

Some of these hippy moms think there is some government plot against them and their kids make me sick. I love my son so I vaccinate him!
    Starfire73

Answer by Starfire73 at 3:17 PM on Oct. 24, 2009

• http://www.nvic.org/Vaccines-and-Diseases/H1N1-SWINE-FLU.aspx
    Do some studyin. :)
    Autumn22

Answer by Autumn22 at 7:10 PM on Oct. 24, 2009

• Starfire73

You do know that if your child has already had the illness he doesn't need the vaccine right? Save that dose for someone that actually needs it. Your child will never get the HINI virus again!!!!
    angel_avalynn

Answer by angel_avalynn at 8:47 PM on Oct. 24, 2009

• I don't think its been proven to be safe, so no I won't give it to my child... but we don't do regular flu shots either... I've never gotten one (and never had the flu) and our pediatrician agreed that we didn't need to do it.

As for the woman who's son already had H1N1... Yeah... You're son will be immune. You don't need to give him the shot... Pointless.
    MamaKalila

Answer by MamaKalila at 9:29 PM on Oct. 24, 2009

• I always get the flu shot and my 3 year old has gotten one every flu season he was eligible to get one. He hasn't had any side effects from it yet either. Plus, he's never really been sick. We've had a low fever a couple times but nothing serious. He received the H1N1 flu-mist yesterday and no side effects or illness yet, and did really great with it. I vaccinated him because I can't rely on other parents to make sure to keep their kids home (from anywhere, sitters, store, anywhere) if they are sick. I feel his chances of getting the virus are far more likely than him suffering from some crazy side effect. I realize there hasn't been a lot of time for testing, which made me a little hesitant, but honestly, side effects can show up years later. He could develop something and they could say it was from his H1N1 vaccine in 2009.. What do you do?? It was about how much more likely he'd be to get the virus than side effects
    amymarie712

Answer by amymarie712 at 11:32 PM on Oct. 24, 2009