I bathe 2x per day- morning and night, but my panties always smell in the evening. Is this normal?

I am careful to wipe myself well when I use the bathroom, but still I never smell "fresh" down there at the end of the day. I do shower before bed to clean up but still I wonder if it's normal?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:48 PM on Oct. 23, 2009 in Just for Fun

• This doesn't sound very normal? Unless of course, are you exetremely active? Sweat a lot? Do you use a moist wipe? (baby wipe?) You should... women shouldn't just wip themselves with toilet paper alone.... men shouldn't either when going number 2.... it's just not clean or fresh if you KWIM..... if you are using a moist wipe when going to the bathroom, and don't sweat excessively... I suggest getting tested for some type of vaginal or bacterial infection down there... you shouldn't be smelling.
    marchma2b

Answer by marchma2b at 3:52 PM on Oct. 23, 2009

• Your PH and "good bacteria" balance might be off and it might be due to washing too often. Do you douche? That's known for throwing off the natural balance.

If your PH balance is off and the normal bacteria is gone, it's easy to get an infection, which also might be the case.

I'd go see the doctor for a checkup and talk to thema bout it.
    Cavalrybaby02

Answer by Cavalrybaby02 at 3:53 PM on Oct. 23, 2009

• Are you actually putting your nose to your panties? Or when you sit to pee, you can smell yourself? Maybe you could try some FDS. I think it's normal for some women.
    Anonymous

• When I sit to pee, I can smell it...I've had a checkup so I'm all good there. It's just slightly disturbing to me.
    Anonymous

• Oh, and no, I don't douche.
    Anonymous

• since being pregnant, i've had trouble smelling even an hour after a shower, very frustrating! and sometimes it smells like earthy, almost like fresh cut grass or green beans, which is sooo weird to me. as for being "normal" in a non-pregnant person (or pregnant, either really, i dunno), i'm not sure. it's probably hormone related, so i'd say talk to your ob about it. try using some baby wipes/cottonelles to freshen up between showers and maybe spray on some feminine deoderant or sprinkle some baby power (if allergic to talc, you can use cornstarch kind) in your undies. i still think if its too bad tho, ask your doctor, cause i'd hate for it to be something more serious and you not know, plus you might be able to fix it and not have to worry so much :)
    Anonymous

• before my 1st pregnancy i never had an odor, now it comes and goes, but Dr said nothing is wrong. I have found the less hair down there the better (made a huge difference), i started using bar soap that is antibacterial like dial, and i also use the vagisil powder in the white container a few times a day on my panties.
    Anonymous

• Vagisil makes some wonderful products!

I would see the doctor first to be sure you don't have a yeast infection or anything and see what the doc suggests.
    PrydferthMenyw

Answer by PrydferthMenyw at 2:03 PM on Oct. 24, 2009