I need ideas for Christmas gifts under $15...

As a kid, my parents went nuts at Christmas time, so there was always tons of stuff under our tree...and around it...and across the room from it...
Anyway, we can't afford to do that with our kids, but I still like to have several presents for each wrapped up underneath the tree. They'll each be getting an expensive gift, and 2 mid-size gifts...after that, I want to do about $50-$60 in smaller gifts. So, my question is, what do I get for the smaller gifts? I want to do things like Play-Doh, and Colorwonder, but I am totally blanking on other things. My 4yo is a boy, and my 2yo is a girl. DS likes trains, and building things, DD likes "pretty" stuff.

Jeiao

Asked by Jeiao at 3:55 PM on Oct. 23, 2009 in Holidays

• puzzles, books, crafts, paint supplies, sticky notes and construction paper
    ria7

Answer by ria7 at 3:59 PM on Oct. 23, 2009

• I always get things that they will need anyway like socks and underwear, shoes, shampoo, toothbrushes, toothpaste. I actually save all that up to buy at Christmas. It makes it seem like more stuff.
    mompam

Answer by mompam at 4:04 PM on Oct. 23, 2009

• Do you do black friday shopping? I usually save big time on toys.
    ave.maria.

Answer by ave.maria. at 8:48 PM on Oct. 23, 2009

• How about legos for the 4 year old? Or an age-appropriate board game? Maybe some little rubber books for the 2 year old, or some cute hair things. :-)
    HomeMakin94

Answer by HomeMakin94 at 10:01 PM on Oct. 23, 2009

• Here is an idea on a Christmas gift instead of buying things buy a annual family membership to a zoo or museum that you all can enjoy year round. This way you spend quality time with them as a family. Forget expensive toys focus on memories of family time. 

Anonymous

• I know that this info is to late to help you for this Christmas, but I would suggest you buy through out the year. I clean up at Target when they clearance toys with the season change. Lots of gifts for very little money.

For this year, what about games, travel games or otherwise. Markers/crayons and coloring books. Check out targets 1.00 aisle. You can get things for their hair, "jewelery", sticker books, and many many more items.

For your daughter I would check out your Dollar General. They usually have dress up items for cheap.

Good luck!
    emdred

Answer by emdred at 10:56 AM on Oct. 24, 2009

• Kids that age love the Avon Bathtime Body Paints. They basically look like a roll on deodorant but its colored soap that they roll on. All of the kids in my family love them. We actually have lots of inexpensive kids stuff. Great stocking stuffers. They're only $1.99 too! www.youravon.com/dhullum use coupon code fsany for free shipping!
    usbornebooksdh

Answer by usbornebooksdh at 11:25 PM on Oct. 25, 2009