Does anyone have thoughts on how to teach a 7 y.o the rosary?

She is always taking mine and trying to pray. I would like to teach her the purpose. Know of any kids sites that explain?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:09 PM on Oct. 23, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• I just came across this site which looks interesting, I didn't see if there's anything specific there about the rosary yet, I'll be looking into it deeper myself when I have a minute later tonight for my kids. http://www.ewtn.com/ewtnkids/
    whittear

Answer by whittear at 5:10 PM on Oct. 23, 2009

• Wait until they are older and can chose and understand what they are doing

Anonymous

• really? I learned the Our Father and Rosary around this age. I knew what I was doing. My great aunt (God rest her soul) taught me. She is no longer around but I don't think my daughter, who clearly wants to pray the rosary, should be forced to wait.
    Anonymous

• I don't know of a kids site that will teach about it just yet, my kiddos aren't to that point just yet, but you can get a free one for her here if you'd like her to have her own. I got 2 for my kids and they are nice strong plastic and purple, great for a first one for learning on. http://www.hcfm.org/main/rosary-rosaries.php (there's a place there you can make a donation but you don't have to it's 100% free including shipping)

whittear

Answer by whittear at 4:26 PM on Oct. 23, 2009

• Here's a helpful website that talk about the paryers and the mysteries of the rosary at a child's level.

There's also a Catholic kids website that has some information.

eringobrough

Answer by eringobrough at 6:34 PM on Oct. 23, 2009

A 7-year-old can understand the rosary. It's a nice way to introduce bible to children since most of the mysteries of the rosary are based on the bible. 

eringobrough

Answer by eringobrough at 6:35 PM on Oct. 23, 2009

• Annon. she didn't ask if she should introduce the rosery and whether she does or not isn't your business. If you can't be helpful have the good graces not to post.

I'm not catholic, but I think with kids the key is repetition and simple explanations.
    teamquinn

Answer by teamquinn at 6:48 PM on Oct. 23, 2009

• You can go to a Catholic bookstore. They have childrens' books about many different subjects that will help.
    Littlebit722

Answer by Littlebit722 at 7:01 PM on Oct. 23, 2009

• Do it together. Since 7 year olds generally only have a 6-9 minutes I would only do a few decades at a time.
    ave.maria.

Answer by ave.maria. at 8:45 PM on Oct. 23, 2009

• Yes. Don't.
    witchqueen

Answer by witchqueen at 9:53 PM on Oct. 23, 2009