Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

my oldest son just turned 18 and he lives with his dad but his dad has him brainwashed to where he doesn't want anything to do with me what can i do? it'[s been 5yrs since i have seen him thanks to my ex

i haven't seen my kids in 5yrs thanks to my ex while i went thru my divorce my ex lied on the stand keep in mind he had a lawyer and i didn't so i couldn't fight it everything i said during my divorce was true but yet the judge saw fit to grant my ex custody of my kids the judge didn't know that my ex had a temper and was abusive towards the kids so everyday i worry about them and there safety. the judge put a court order against me just becuz i was going thru depression at that time. and even though i went thru depression while i was married i took care of my kids and my ex didn't he didn't want anything to do with the kids but all they are to him is a meal ticket. i have tried to contact the courts and they won't help me so i don't know what to do becuz i can't afford an attorney.

Answer Question

Asked by blondie1972710 at 4:25 PM on Oct. 23, 2009 in Adult Children (18+)

Level 2 (10 Credits)
Answers (4)
  • Legal aid? If he is unfit i would suggest calling social services and report him. That way you can prove your case in court. As far as your 18 year old is concered he will have to realize things on his own. I would write him a letter explaining the situation. I wish you luck

    Answer by Mrs.Oriaku at 4:27 PM on Oct. 23, 2009

  • u need get proof all the bad things he does ur kids and show the court

    Answer by Just-tina03 at 11:24 PM on Oct. 26, 2009

  • my mom did the same thing to me and my younger sister when they got divorced. She told ud he hated us, never wanted to see us again, and everything. But as we got older we realized it was because of my mom, and not my dad. So were really close to our dad now, and distant from our mom. He would always try to call us and get us on weekends, but she'd never let him. the only thing she cared about was child support to help support her habits. But with a restraining order, it'd be hard to contact them to tell them that you love them, and would never harm them, Are they over age? In ohio, at 13 the kid can choose which parent they want to stay with. GL, Ill pray for you!!

    Answer by Jessica1991 at 2:16 AM on Oct. 27, 2009

  • ZYeah, I agree with mrs. orkiAku. GOOD LUCK

    Answer by incarnita at 9:43 AM on Oct. 30, 2009

Join CafeMom now to contribute your answer and become part of our community. It's free and takes just a minute.