What does your DH/SO do for you?

Chore wise? Either dealing with the kids or housework.

What exactly does he do for you, so you don't have to do it?

I'm trying to figure out if mine does anything at all.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:36 PM on Oct. 23, 2009 in Just for Fun

• He works Monday-Friday until 5:30, comes home to a clean house and dinner on the table, then he does the dishes and bathtime for our 15month old daughter.
    Anonymous

• Nothing unless I specifically ask. Otherwise he has his chores that need to be done and they only get done when he gets around to them. It doesn't matter how many times I ask.
    coala

Answer by coala at 4:38 PM on Oct. 23, 2009

• He takes the trash from the side of the house to the curb on trash days(most of them anyway).

Sometimes on his way home from work he will stop and pick something up for dinner or grab diapers or something at the store if I need it.

Thats it!
    Amaranth361

Answer by Amaranth361 at 4:38 PM on Oct. 23, 2009

• Well he works a lot and im always at home, so I am normally the one who does all the housework and takes care of the kids. But on his days off he will let me take a break and I can go out with a friend or just lay around the house or whatever I want and he will take care of the kids...but as far as housework now he doesnt do anything!!!! So even when I do get a break when I come back the house is a MESS but atleast he does take care of the babies.
    Jessaroo1987

Answer by Jessaroo1987 at 4:40 PM on Oct. 23, 2009

• my husband will do most things pertaining to our girls...like girlscouts or dances or something like that...well he will do it as long as i did it last time...it has to be equal to him...chore wise??? he MIGHT do trash if i beg.....
    blueeyedgrl2377

Answer by blueeyedgrl2377 at 4:41 PM on Oct. 23, 2009

• He basically pitches in and does whatever I'm not doing at the moment. Recently - last night he picked up supper on the way home because I was having a time getting everything together and he took my daughter to basketball practice last night.
    When he gets home from work he generally either entertains the kids or finishes up supper. Every morning he gets up with our 11 month old and gives him his morning bottle so I can get a few extra winks. He does his own laundry because he works with dangerous chemicals and doesn't want any of them coming off on the kids clothes. Friday nights when I'm at work he cleans the kitchen and sometimes the living room.

Answer by missanc at 4:44 PM on Oct. 23, 2009

• NOTHING! LOL, in all honesty he doesn't do anything unless I specifically ask. But it is ok because when I do ask I never get a "no."

Oh, I did lie, he takes out the trash. :-)
    Anonymous

• Oh - and the trash, he always takes the trash out to the outside can and then pushes it up to the street on garbage day.

Answer by missanc at 4:46 PM on Oct. 23, 2009

• My dh does tons. He handles the garbage and recycling, the lawn and any outdoor maintenance, leaves, snow, etc. In the summer he takes care of the pool. He fixes things around the house, he empties the dishwasher, he bathes the kids, he brushes their teeth, he mops floors, straightens up, cooks once in a while, feeds the kids when I'm not around, changes diapers, does laundry if asked, vacumes, anything really....well, he NEVER cleans the bathrooms. lol. We both work, although I work from home 3 days per week and only go in the office 2 days, and we are both running this ship. And even with all I just listed that he does, I still do more, alot more...I don't know how some of you do it with lazy husbands.
    gramsmom

Answer by gramsmom at 4:46 PM on Oct. 23, 2009

• Works 40 hours a week.
    Goes to the gym with me 5 hours a week.
    Cooks dinner at least 50% of the time.
    Watches DD when ever, changes her diapers, feeds her, plays with her when he's home.
    Does the dishes about once a week.
    Occasionally helps me straighten up the house on weekends.
    Goes grocery shopping with me.
    Goes to my hockey games to watch me play.
    Does the yard work.
    Fixes things.
    Feeds the dogs in the evening.
    Takes out the trash.
    LOVES me!
    Pretty much an awesome husband and lover, and of course a great dad!
    Blueliner

Answer by Blueliner at 4:47 PM on Oct. 23, 2009