Inexpensive date nights?

My daughter is 15 months old so we dont really get a break during the week. About once a month, we will plan a night to go out. But recently, we've noticed that its getting really expensive. The last one cost $65, which made me feel really guily because we had to cut back in other things just to go out to eat for an hour. Does anyone have any ideas on how to do an inexpensive date night? I want to relax and just be able to be myself with my boyfriend. I dont really like to do movies since we dont really get to talk.

Chickpeas

Asked by Chickpeas at 4:55 PM on Oct. 23, 2009 in Relationships

• We like to go to the bookstore and sit and look at books and magazines together and talk and have coffee. Sometimes we don't even have coffee, we just sit together and talk about stuff. It's fun. :)
    BritlovesAva

Answer by BritlovesAva at 4:59 PM on Oct. 23, 2009

• Oh, thats a good one. We love books and coffee. Thanks!
    Chickpeas

Answer by Chickpeas at 5:00 PM on Oct. 23, 2009

• Try having massage nights. You just light candles and heat up body oil and rub each other down. One night can be your night for the massage and the next can be his. You can have game nights. My husband and I would play checkers, cards, dominos etc. You can also have a stay-at-home dinner date when you whip up something creative of the favorite dish of you SO and vice versa
    Ronique1989

Answer by Ronique1989 at 5:01 PM on Oct. 23, 2009

• We don't always get out but we can make it fun to stay in :) Get some great scented massage oils and take turns giving each other a massage. This is something that can be done after DD goes to bed and it doesn't have to be a sexual thing. Just a way to relax and spend time together. I also like to send my boys to eat dinner at MIL's and I will make something DH really likes or something new and we will have a candlelit dinner and talk.
    We enjoy our date nights away, but some of the best date nights have been at home and free.
    If you just really want to get away though. One night we drove To a look out about 4 miles from home. It over looks our whole town. We snuggle in the front seat and just talk and listen to music. It is the best and FREE!!!! Any time I am spending time with my husband no matter what we are doing, we can make it special. Hope this helps!!! Date nights keep us sane and in love :)
    JEAmom3

Answer by JEAmom3 at 5:08 PM on Oct. 23, 2009

• Thanks all! You are all great!
    Chickpeas

Answer by Chickpeas at 5:19 PM on Oct. 23, 2009

• Find a friend to exchange babysitting with!
    It can cut down the cost of a date drastically!!
    christyg

Answer by christyg at 6:10 PM on Oct. 23, 2009

• Check the Web and Sunday paper for local freebies. Plan the date around low cost meals or drinks and snacks that don't break the budget.

Go apple (or other fruit) picking. Pack a lunch, enjoy a beautiful walk among changing leaves.

Go to a local museum with free Sundays. Have a drink and a few appetizers after your visit.

Local fundraiser events can be interesting: art show, butterfly release, 5K walk, food stands, demonstrations. Enjoy a few hours and spend $10 if that's all you have. They always have a festive atmosphere.

Go to a matinee and then get a pizza.

Go to the park or beach, get some wonderful coffee and baked goods and read a romantic short story, then just hang out and talk.

Go to a college sporting event if they are inexpensive or free, bring soda and snacks if it's ok or do a dinner for two at a chain (advertised for $20.)
    happi-ladi

Answer by happi-ladi at 10:00 PM on Oct. 23, 2009