I need ideas for a scrapbook for my mom.

For Christmas I'm going to make my mom a scrapbook with old pictures of her and my brothers and her family. I need ideas on how to design it.

SaraP1989

Asked by SaraP1989 at 4:56 PM on Oct. 23, 2009 in Just for Fun

• I would pick one color scheme and use it throughout the book. If you're using old photos, I would convert them all to black and white and do a black, white, grey, silver and red color scheme (the red to bring in the Christmas element). Or you could do black, white, tan and gold...that would be really nice too. Go to Michaels or Hobby Lobby or Joanne's and get a "Scrap stack" (Joanne's Fabrics has the nicest selection). These typically have patterns and solids all within the same color scheme so it makes it really easy to put a scrapbook together - doesn't matter what you do, it'll match! =) Also, metal accents are a really nice touch - especially for vintage photos. Make sure you vary photo sizes, add little sayings or blank spots for your mom to journal in later, matte your photos and embellish.
    ANGIE409

Answer by ANGIE409 at 5:06 PM on Oct. 23, 2009

• Another idea is to glue some of the photos down on three sides and put a smaller, blank insert behind the photo in case your mom wants to add thoughts or journaling...since its behind a photo though, she doesn't have to.
    ANGIE409