Peirced ears

I took my baby to get her ears peirced at 2 weeks old. But my stepdaughter never had hers peirced so I had hers peirced too and she is 7. How old were your little girls when you got there ears pierced?

Jessaroo1987

Asked by Jessaroo1987 at 5:02 PM on Oct. 23, 2009 in Just for Fun

• nikki was 4 1/2... i refused to have hers pierced before she was old enough to understand that it hurt, and she was going to have to help take care of them. when she could say "mommy i want pretties for my ears" i took her to watch how it was done, and let her talk to a couple of the girls who had theirs done.
    i believe having a babies ears pierced before they can decide if they want to have a piece of steel bar driven through their flesh, is inhumane. personal opinion.

i am in no way against piercing. just the ones who can not understand why they are being hurt.
    ObbyDobbie

Answer by ObbyDobbie at 5:06 PM on Oct. 23, 2009

• i believe having a babies ears pierced before they can decide if they want to have a piece of steel bar driven through their flesh, is inhumane. personal opinion.

Ditto
    Anonymous

• I thought about it that way too at first, but really it doesnt hurt them any worse then when they have there shots...And they dont understand that either.
    Jessaroo1987

Answer by Jessaroo1987 at 5:10 PM on Oct. 23, 2009

• opening all kinds of cans of worms here... and i am resisting the urge to go fishing.

i can not help but feel sickened, and saddened....
    ObbyDobbie

Answer by ObbyDobbie at 5:14 PM on Oct. 23, 2009

• My granddaughter asked to have hers pierced for her 4th birthday. So I took her to have it done. I'm not a fan of piercing babies ears. I would rather they want it and ask but that's just me. I know I'm in the minority on this one.
    GrnEyedGrandma

Answer by GrnEyedGrandma at 5:16 PM on Oct. 23, 2009

• go ahead and go fishin... your not gonna scare me, shes my baby and I dont really care what you think. Do you take your kids to have shots? Because they dont understand why they are being hurt for that either. Or are you one of the dumb people that are against immunizations because you would rather your child die from a disease then have a small risk of being autistic?
    Jessaroo1987

Answer by Jessaroo1987 at 5:26 PM on Oct. 23, 2009

• since you felt the need to address me personally- i now feel the need to inform you of my opinion.

comparing piercing to a vax (which i do not believe in either- after having had SEVERE adverse reactions in my children, choose to very selectively vaccinate. lets face it, i was young and ignorant, and believed that vaccinating was a good thing, without having done any research. i think you're likely in the same boat. fortunately i know better now!), is a complete copout. neither is necessary, both are painful, and potentially harmful. but piercings take weeks to heal, where a vax may have long term affects, but the immediate pain is quite short lived.

once again, i realize that i am the minority vote, but i also stand in the in the clear, refusing to inflict unnecessary pain (and quite frankly, mutilation- at the expense of adorning ones self with pretties) on an innocent.
    ObbyDobbie

Answer by ObbyDobbie at 5:27 PM on Oct. 23, 2009

• if my opinion were to scare someone, i would be dumbfounded. :)

since ignorance reigns supreme, i opt to tap out, before i say something regrettable. though i will ask politely, and openly- please refrain from flooding my inbox. you obviously have no qualms with directly attacking someone on a personal level, but i highly doubt that you are actually angry with me. your underlying personal issues have nothing to do with me, and i am sad that you have no other outlet than to take it out on people you do not know.
    ObbyDobbie

Answer by ObbyDobbie at 5:32 PM on Oct. 23, 2009

• underlying personal issues? what are you? DR phil? this was just a fun question and then you told me that I am inhumane for having peirced my infants ears. I am in no way shape or form a bad mother and of course when someone says something like that to me, i will have something to say back.
    Jessaroo1987

Answer by Jessaroo1987 at 5:40 PM on Oct. 23, 2009

• i do believe that you asked a question, and were upset by an answer that differed from your opinion. i did not directly attack, name call, or insinuate that you were inhumane, or a bad mother.
    if that is how you reacted, then i can not help your perception of reality.

on the other hand, you did directly attack, name call, and insinuate that i was not fit. so, i guess i can see where this is coming from.

hope you can take a deep breath, move on, and have a good night. rest assured that i was not attacking your mothering skills.
    btw- it might be wise not to ask for someones opinion, unless you are prepared to receive it. not everyone thinks alike, ya know? :)
    ObbyDobbie

Answer by ObbyDobbie at 5:54 PM on Oct. 23, 2009