Does my 5 year old daughter need to wear hijab in the masjid?

I have never taken my daughter to the masjid, and I am planning to. I have been unable to reach the Imam and ask if my daughter needs to wear hijab. I am hoping some Muslimahs out there know the answer.

Rose87

Asked by Rose87 at 5:10 PM on Oct. 23, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• As sister aasiyah says --- No

The hijab isnt required until puberty.
    zanzeebeel

Answer by zanzeebeel at 7:20 PM on Oct. 23, 2009

• No your 5 year old does not have to wear hijab.. if you want her to ( do not force her) she can wear it... if she wants to she can wear it. My daugher wears it sometimes and sometimes she doesn't.. she is 2.. LOL.. she says before i leave.. mommy jab jab jab.. and i know she wants her hijab on. LOL. if she sees you praying in it and walking outside in it.. there will come a time when she will want to all by her self.

it's better to ask these questions in the muslim groups.. not too many muslimahs come to this section
    Aasiyah

Answer by Aasiyah at 6:22 PM on Oct. 23, 2009

• Okay! Thank you so much.. she told me she wants to wear it, but ofcourse she is 5 years old, and is so active im afraid it will just fall off, or she wont behave in the necessary manner..

May Allah swt bless you sisters for the answer ... Ameen
    Rose87

Answer by Rose87 at 1:44 AM on Oct. 24, 2009