what all did/do u eat?

with my first i didnt change anything. i stopped smoking cold turkey,ate what i wanted and everything. she was small but healthy but i was a small baby too so that wasnt a concern.i didn't weigh much when i got preggo and didnt gain much the entire pregnancy. this is my 2nd pregnancy i do not know how far along i am yet. just wondering what all did you ladies eat,or do eat? what did you give up and cut back on? i love coke,should i cut back or try not to drink it at all? thanks for all that replies.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:13 PM on Oct. 23, 2009 in Pregnancy

• I switched to diet sodas, which my doctor said was fine as long as I didnt drink too much of them. I was also diagnosed with gestational diabetes, so I had to eat low-carb//sugar items. But even with that diet, I still gained 35lbs. Ugh.
    Chickpeas

Answer by Chickpeas at 5:15 PM on Oct. 23, 2009

• diet sodas are worse than regular sodas because of the artificial sweeteners.

i'd say as long as you drink less than 3 sodas per day it would be ok but best to do 0. ;) i'm trying to keep it to less than 1 per day, so like 1 every other day and i cut out DIET soda all together because of aspartame.
    Anonymous

• Back in the stone age, before they told pregnant women to be careful of certain sea foods and deli meats. I ate what i could keep down. Although every pregnancy I drank no coffee and only sugar free, caffiene free soda. 1st pregnancy anything with tomatoes or eggs and the smell of coffe made me want to puke. However, I did crave Jalepenos and ice with that child. 2nd one ...I wanted bread and butter pickles every day but contained myself to a small serving once a week because of the sodium. My 3rd..I craved red meat, the more rare the better. The really sick thing is I typiucally can't stomach a steak that isn't at least Medium Well. Two weeks before he was born I went through this cashew fiend thing. In general if you try to avoif processed sugar and grains, lots of fruit and veggies, quality proteins and lots of calcium you'll be fine.
    GrnEyedGrandma

Answer by GrnEyedGrandma at 5:26 PM on Oct. 23, 2009

• i'm trying to eat healthier and get more protein and more veggies and fruits. i've been loading up on the garlic in my pastas and chicken chili. ;) and adding extra mushrooms, onions, and bell peppers to everything. and trying to eat green beans, carrots, peas, and potats. a yummy snack i've started eating instead of less healthy stuff is a whole grain pita cut into chips then baked in the oven with hummus. yummmm :D
    Stefanie83

Answer by Stefanie83 at 5:28 PM on Oct. 23, 2009

• Im 37 weeks pregnant now and I eat anything and everything lol As for coke, my doctor told me this, if you drink one coke you need to equal it with water. One 8 oz. can of coke = one 8 oz cup of water. same goes for tea and you should be fine! Dont worry about it! your body will let you know when enough is enough or what foods to eat and not to eat! Dont worry so much and enjoy being pregnant! Congrats!!!!

Alysia_Moore

Answer by Alysia_Moore at 6:23 PM on Oct. 23, 2009

• With my DD, I ate what I wanted, when I wanted. drank soda and coffee (also juice, milk, water nd tea) . I gained 23 lbs and she was a healthy 7 1/2 lbs! This time with my son, i eat what i want, drink soda and coffee (and juice milk water and tea), i'm 26 weeks and have gained 8 lbs. healthy as a horse and babys fine too. I think of it like this... 50 years ago, our grandmothers/greatgrandmothers were drinking, smoking, eatting saturated fats etc etc. our grandmothers/mothers were fine right?
    StephMosDef

Answer by StephMosDef at 7:55 PM on Oct. 23, 2009

• Follow the Brewer Diet and eat organically.
    MoonLover06

Answer by MoonLover06 at 8:14 PM on Oct. 23, 2009

• I am on baby #4 now. I eat healthy, stay active, and avoid poeple who don't. I quit smoking before I became pregnant and never drank so I didn't really have anything to give up. I rarely even drink soda. Just be healthy and you don't have anything to worry about.
    luvbnmomnwife

Answer by luvbnmomnwife at 8:17 PM on Oct. 23, 2009

• With my daughter I could eat just about anything. I craved a lot of seafood and ice cream with her.

This time around I have yet to really crave anything (15 weeks). I was on a salad kick in the beginning but then got sick off one and never went back. I have been eating a lot of pizza as it taste good. I have been drinking lots of water and limiting my soda intake - i do miss my cherry coke! I have been uping my fruit intake and trying to stay healthy but I tell ya one thing that taste so good is a burger from McD's < i am not even a fan of that place!
    mommytobrooke

Answer by mommytobrooke at 11:05 PM on Oct. 23, 2009