My daughter cries ALL the time now....

My husband spent the last few years causing problems in our family bc of his negativity. I mean lots of fights and issues. It has majorly affected our daughter. Now she is always sad and unmotivated. She blames other people when things go wrong for her and she is hard to talk to when she gets upset. She just cries and cries and cries. My husband will try to talk to her and usually he ends up arguing with her. it doesn't ever end. I step in the middle of it and it just makes it worse. She thinks that I am 'saving' her from him. I have NO IDEA what I should do. She is so over emotional. How can I help her get through this? My husband got on anti-depr. but the damage is already done on our child. I want her to be ok but I am lost.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:18 PM on Oct. 23, 2009 in School-Age Kids (5-8)

• She might need to see a therapist, or maybe ask the school counselor?
    Chickpeas

Answer by Chickpeas at 5:27 PM on Oct. 23, 2009

• Yep - professional help is called for; family counselling or just for her
    auroragold

Answer by auroragold at 7:57 AM on Oct. 24, 2009