What's something tastey to do with boiled potatoes?

I am boiling potatoes now, and I am trying to think of something yummy to do with them. I know I could mash them, but maybe someone knows of something else to do with them??

Also, does anyone know approxiamtely how long it takes to boil potatoes?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:23 PM on Oct. 23, 2009 in Food & Drink

• A couple of nights ago I cubed and boiled potatoes in salted water, then didn't feel like mashed potatoes. I stopped cooking then halfway through and drained them (4 med.). I cooked 4 slices of bacon til it was crispy, then removed it. I finished cooking the potatoes in the bacon fat, and added a bit of chopped garlic, salt and pepper. Them I crumbled the bacon over it, added Monterey jack cheese and chopped green onions. My family went insane over them.

When a knife goes into the potatoes easily, with no resistance, it's done.
    Anonymous

• 25 minutes on a rolling full boil, .......Pork loin chops are great with boiled/mashed, or just baked potatoes, and gravy. Any kind of baked or fried chicken is good with potatoes. Do you have a microwave, wrap your potatoes each one in a saran wrap or just a bag from the grocery store, and heat on high setting for 12 minutes each. 3 at a time for 20 minutes or put them in a pyrex dish with a lid in microwave for 30 min. for 6 potatoes.
    Anonymous

• You could add season salt and butter then fry them in a big pan for a few minutes. It's pretty good :)
    Mrs.Oriaku

Answer by Mrs.Oriaku at 5:30 PM on Oct. 23, 2009

• mash em and mix in mrs dash, or you can fry them up quickly with some onions and season salt...or as one of my coworkers does he mashes them with cream cheese.
    blueeyedgrl2377

Answer by blueeyedgrl2377 at 5:31 PM on Oct. 23, 2009

• well, my answer is a bit late to help you with tonights dinner, but for next time: boil them til they are about halfway done, shred up some cheddar cheese, and layer half the potatoes, then half the cheese, some onion (if you like it), then pepper, seasoned salt and garlic powder, then the rest of the potatoes, rest of the cheese, pepper, seasoned salt and garlic powder in a 13x9 pan. Bake it at 375 for about a half an hour, maybe 45 minutes. About halfway thru, stir it to really mix the cheese thru. It is really good.
    tropicalmama

Answer by tropicalmama at 6:22 PM on Oct. 23, 2009