Have you had any experience with this or had this happen to you?

I applied at Arkansas Tech this semester and just got my letter of rejection. I can't believe it. I called the girl and asked her why and she said my college GPA wasn't high enough. Ok, I understand that because I didn't take school seriously until this semester. I was really looking forward to going there because it's more mother friendly and they have a better Health and Physcial Education program. The town is bigger and more diverse than the small town I'm in now. I can appeal the decision to her via email. She seemed nice. She said I had to tell the reason it was low and the reasons I was wanting to go to Tech and she would make the decision. My question is do you think if I appeal and tell her that I know I'll be better at Tech and was really looking forward to going it would make a difference? I know I didn't take it seriously before but I know I can do better and I was going to put my all into school at Tech. Im shocked

SaraP1989

Asked by SaraP1989 at 5:26 PM on Oct. 23, 2009 in Just for Fun

• I would be completely honest with her and tell her that you are really going to work hard.
    Chickpeas

Answer by Chickpeas at 5:29 PM on Oct. 23, 2009

• I think you should tell her what you learned from not taking school seriously and what you hope to accomplish by taking school seriously. That you have matured and gained focus for your future. That you learn concepts quickly but hadnt applied yourself before and how you plan to do a better job. I would appeal it for sure...it can't hurt!
    ria7

Answer by ria7 at 5:29 PM on Oct. 23, 2009

• What they are looking for is an honest explanation of why you didn't do well, what you learned from it, and why you are better equipped now to do better. You need to have a couple good reasons why you were unable to do well, along with what you hope to gain this time around, and why it is important to you.
    Iskkra

Answer by Iskkra at 5:42 PM on Oct. 23, 2009

• Tell them what you just told us. Minus the "have you been here before" and "I'm shocked"
    Tiera12

Answer by Tiera12 at 5:56 PM on Oct. 23, 2009

• I didn't do well because I didn't take it seriously. I had this attitude that I was better than all those people. I know better now. I just started this semester that I'm going to do better and take all the classes I didn't do well on again. And I am. This semester is better, but I know it'll be better at Tech. Their more mother friendly and more diverse people.
    SaraP1989

Answer by SaraP1989 at 8:57 PM on Oct. 23, 2009