2 1/2 month old drooling a lot and constantly trying to suck thumb/hand?

My 2 1/2 month old son has been attempting to suck his thumb for weeks now but has been unsuccessful. Just recently though he was been REALLY going at it and is constantly putting his hand in his mouth...even his whole fist! Sometimes he'll even rip his paci out to put his hand in his mouth. He also has started drooling a lot to the point where I need to put a bib on him because he ruins his outfit. Could he be teething already or is this a sign of something else? Or just normal for his age? I know I had my first tooth at 4 months old so I'm wondering if he will too?

Ash9724

Asked by Ash9724 at 5:59 PM on Oct. 23, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• most likely teething. some teeth for what seems like forever some not so long and boom they have teeth! lol but every baby is different and some teeth early.. i have a cousin that had all 4 front teeth (bottom and top) by the time she was 3 months.. so its very possible. try giving the baby a cold washcloth to chew on =)
    idebusashes

Answer by idebusashes at 6:06 PM on Oct. 23, 2009

• its just teething. bioth my kids were teething at this age. my dd diont get her first tooth till almost 9 mts. and ds is 8 mts and toothless
    piwife

Answer by piwife at 7:02 PM on Oct. 23, 2009

• It isn't nessecarily teething, baby's just start to drool more at that age. And the first thing is normal. Just wait until he tries grabbing ahold of his tongue. ;)
    rpggurleli

Answer by rpggurleli at 9:59 PM on Oct. 23, 2009