Bathtub Pooping

My 11 month old poops in the bathtub. Not always, but enough that I need some suggestions as to getting him to quit. It's gross and I haven't been able to catch him at it yet. He doesn't show signs of pooping. It "magically" appears. Has anyone else had this problem??

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:01 PM on Oct. 23, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• lmao...i think every kid does it at least once in there life. thankfully my dd does have the signs, she sits still and looks at me with the face "i'm not doing what you're think i'm doing" lol, even though i know. i give my kids a bath together, so sometimes i don't catch it cuz i'm busy bathing the other. my son will see the poopie before me, and say "mommy POOPOO!!!" lol

normally kids have a time of day they poop. like my dd goes in the evening. so i've learned to wait until after she goes poopoo for bathtime. my son is "potty trained" so he lets me know if he has to go. thankfully when he was younger, his poop time was in the morning, and bath time was in the evening.
    Anonymous

• All my kids did it at least a time or two. Unfortunately, it's normal. I'm not sure there is anything to 'do' other than to observe closely for signs that they are trying to push it out. A Pediatrician told me years ago that he believed infants/toddlers do that because the warm water relaxes them. It makes sense to me. Esp. after my grandson would do it every single time..and I realized it was always after he had been in the tub a few minutes.
    GrnEyedGrandma

Answer by GrnEyedGrandma at 6:21 PM on Oct. 23, 2009

• I use tub time to help my daughter if she's constipated. You could try to set your little one one the toilet or ppotty chair while you run the bath water. Maybe he'll make the connection.
    babygoose78

Answer by babygoose78 at 9:51 PM on Oct. 23, 2009