What all do i pack when i leave for the hospital?

What stuff do i pack when i go into labor and go to the hospital to have my little boy?

wishingmommy1

Asked by wishingmommy1 at 6:06 PM on Oct. 23, 2009 in Pregnancy

• Have bags ready like a week early. For you, bring comfy clothes, slippers, socks, check with your hospital to see what all they provide, because most will provide a lot. Make sure you have personal stuff for you, anything to get you through labor, etc. something comfy to wear home from the hospital, FYI bring EXTRA socks, my water broke and went all over mine, then there was blood all over the next pair from actually having the baby, the next pair got crap on them and then I didn't have any more. See what you need for your SO/mom/whoever is staying with you that way they can actually stay with you. BRING YOUR ALREADY FILLED OUT PAPERWORK! HUGE THING.

Bring stuff for baby, car seat, diaper bag, extra clothes, blankets, etc. if you're planning on having his pictures taken there, bring an outfit for that, an outfit for him to come home in, hats, etc. depending on the weather where you live.
    Anonymous

• nothing. you just go to the hospital and after you have your son you send your SO for your stuff. lol

all you really need are a couple outfits for you and the baby, a baby blanket, pj's and a robe(unless you don't mind the hospital's). the hospital should provide the formula (if FF), diapers, wipes (actually wet cloths, you don't use wipes right away) and even the blankets. you can bring a pillow, but they have those too. shampoo, conditioner, soap. unless your hospital was like mine and had those too. deodorant, ok basically your hygiene stuff. you can bring your own pads, for the bleeding afterwards, (i liked the ones they had though, they had the ones with the ice pack attached to them and they were GREAT cuz it was always hot in that room)

basically you don't need much, so don't go overboard.
    Anonymous

• I take my pillows, cause hospital ones are just scary. Pack comfy clothes, warm and cool, cause you never know how your body temp will be. All your toiletries you will need. My hospital provided all the pads and other necessary products while there, and extra to take home. But for baby, I took premie, newborn and 0-3 month old outfit. Cause as my hubby and I learned the first time around, they may not fit into the one outfit you take LOL. Both my sons were in the 7 pound range and needed premie and newborn outfits. Those little mitten things for baby, as they may have nails and scratch their face while in hospital for those couple days.
    MissHeidi0304

Answer by MissHeidi0304 at 6:26 PM on Oct. 23, 2009

• Just a heads up on packing your going home clothes.

Don't bring your pre-pregnancy jeans...even the moms with magically disappearing tummies still have loose skin when they go home from the hospital.
    mogencreative

Answer by mogencreative at 6:58 PM on Oct. 23, 2009