will dry cat food harm my child if she eats it

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:14 PM on Oct. 23, 2009 in Kids' Health

• No. Gross as it seems, it is food.
    IrishMommaC

Answer by IrishMommaC at 6:16 PM on Oct. 23, 2009

• No it will not harm her but it doesnt taste all that good. If she is crawling or still young, put the food up out of reach.. Cats are really good jumpers so the cat will be able to eat.
    midnightmoma

Answer by midnightmoma at 6:17 PM on Oct. 23, 2009

• nope! but dont let her make a habit of it lol
    Owl_Feather

Answer by Owl_Feather at 6:18 PM on Oct. 23, 2009

• No my son is 16 yo has eaten many strange things over the years and never gotten sick from pet food. Heck he STILL eats dog treats when we buy a new brand to see what it is he is feeding the dogs! LOL
    goaliemom93

Answer by goaliemom93 at 6:39 PM on Oct. 23, 2009

• She shouldn't unless one of the ingredients disagrees with her. Did you know that the way they determine if pet foods are palatable is to have people taste them? Yep, they make pet foods to appeal to the owners, not the pets!
    mom2aspclboy

Answer by mom2aspclboy at 10:57 PM on Oct. 23, 2009

• No, she may get a tummy ache but will be fine. My son ate dry dog food at about 18 months old. I called they doctor and he laughed and said, "that dog food probably has better meat in it than what you are feeding him, he will be fine." He is now 13 and I still tease him about it.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 12:30 AM on Oct. 24, 2009