How long after stopping birth control did you get pregnant?

I have heard it can take up to 3 months. I have only been off the pill for 2 weeks but I had a normal length period (like I had before the pill) and I am hoping we may be pregnant again. I know the day I got pregnant with our daughter and this time around we used the same day to try to get pregnant again. Maybe I am jumping the gun and need to wait a few more weeks to try before getting my hope up.

katie23

Asked by katie23 at 6:26 PM on Oct. 23, 2009 in Pregnancy

• the very next cycle. so one month later and we were pregnant w the second
    MissHeidi0304

Answer by MissHeidi0304 at 6:29 PM on Oct. 23, 2009

• Well I got pregnant immediatly after I stopped- my next ovulation cycle, that is. I had my last period April 3 2008 and then got pregnant sometime around the 18th. Best of luck to you!
    serioussifL

Answer by serioussifL at 6:30 PM on Oct. 23, 2009

• That sounds great!! I can't wait until I can find out!!!! Can you tell we want this baby badly? lol We have been waiting to try for about 9 months now.
    katie23

Answer by katie23 at 6:35 PM on Oct. 23, 2009

• I was ON birth control...
    Anonymous

• took me about a year and a half after quitting! lol I stopped taking it because of a thyroid condition and I was with a previous boyfriend and nothing,. we broke up, and my fiance' now, wham bam thank you ma'am took 2 months lol Gods will!
    Alysia_Moore

Answer by Alysia_Moore at 6:40 PM on Oct. 23, 2009

• The mirena I was using doesn't need time to wear off....we were surprised we got pregnant within a week and a half of getting it out.

-surprised because it took us a year to get pregnant the first time.
    Anonymous

• Agree with ANON I was on the Depo shot when I got pregnant with my first and for my second, it was like I missed a pill and was pregnant.
    ggiovanni

Answer by ggiovanni at 6:54 PM on Oct. 23, 2009

• With the first one I took my last pill on a Saturday and got pregnant then next Thurday. With the second one I got pregnant within the first month after I stopped. Good Luck!!!!
    Frogbaby83

Answer by Frogbaby83 at 7:08 PM on Oct. 23, 2009

• LOL well I was on the pill both times I got pregnant...can't say I stopped :0)
    MamaCharity

Answer by MamaCharity at 7:56 PM on Oct. 23, 2009

• 3 months
    Christina807

Answer by Christina807 at 8:01 PM on Oct. 23, 2009