Was it akward after they were away for a while?

My husband is deployed. I cant help but think things (both talking and sex) are going to be akward when he comes home. Almost like hes a stranger. Any ladies have experience with this? Were things akward after your husband returned from deployment/vacation/work travel? And how long did it take for things to get back to normal?

serioussifL

Asked by serioussifL at 6:36 PM on Oct. 23, 2009 in Relationships

• The first time he was deployed it was. We had been apart for a long time, and even though we had emailed and talked almost daily, there was still a transition period. Its normal. It didn't take long, but we didn't just immediately pick up right where we left off. Now that we have several deployments and countless detachments under our belt, there's not so much of a transition period in our relationship. It still take a couple minutes to, i guess, fully comprehend that we are actually together FINALLY. But a transition period is normal...every one deals with it.

abbynzachsmommy

Answer by abbynzachsmommy at 7:43 PM on Oct. 23, 2009

• for me it was great..... full of passion like when a relationship is just beginning. it took a few months for things to get back to the same old same old again
    princessbeth79

Answer by princessbeth79 at 7:45 PM on Oct. 23, 2009

• I agree with princessbeth. For me it's always exciting. We start over and enjoy it until the next time we have to separate. I think it keeps things fresh and fun when they leave like that. It makes us miss them and want them more. It's not awkward for me at all.

Answer by admckenzie at 9:08 PM on Oct. 23, 2009

• My DH was gone for 6 months on a deployment, it was awkward when he came home. We only got to talk every couple of weeks (before the days of internet! lol) I really was very nervous when he came home. But things quickly got back to normal.
    Austinsmom35

Answer by Austinsmom35 at 8:53 AM on Oct. 24, 2009