Making Baby Food

So Ive decided to make some of my own baby food. I took carrots, steamed them in the microwave (I dont have a steamer for the stove), and blended them in my Magic Bullet. Ive been thinking about also doing sweet potatoes and peas. Can I do this with frozen veggies too? What are some other veggies I can do this with? As for fruit, I think Ill stick with buying it packaged.. fruit is too dang expensive!

serioussifL

Asked by serioussifL at 6:49 PM on Oct. 23, 2009 in Food & Drink

• I have used all kinds of frozen veggies. I get them when the bags are on sale for 99 cents. You can try anything. I have done broccoli, green beans, carrots and peas, corn, mixed veggies. I also do the canned fruits when they are on sale or fresh fruit that is in season.
    micheledo

Answer by micheledo at 6:55 PM on Oct. 23, 2009

• I would think you could do it with any vegetables that you think you kid would like. As far as frozen veggies...im not sure but i buy those frozen bags of broccoli that you steam in the microwave so i would think that it would work it you steam them...worth a try i guess.

tntmom1027

Answer by tntmom1027 at 6:52 PM on Oct. 23, 2009