Cough medicine?

Hubby and i are TTC. I will find out whether or not im preggo in like the next five days....my question is if i've been taking like over the counter medicine like Dayquil, Nyquil, and tylenol for a cold will it effect the baby if i am pregnant? It's too soon to know whether or not i am and as soon as i get a positive result i will absolutely stop takin em but will it hurt this soon?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:06 PM on Oct. 23, 2009 in Trying to Conceive

• I've never heard anyone say that its harmful especially so soon but i found this website....but keep in mind it is an ONLINE SITE and that you should really phone your doctor to get a reliable conclusive answer.

http://www.ehow.com/about_5306208_pregnancy-cough-medicine.html

tntmom1027

Answer by tntmom1027 at 7:13 PM on Oct. 23, 2009

• Don't know if it's harmful to baby now but if you are not preggo and trying to concieve again, cough syrup will become your new best friend. Your question helped me to remember that cough syrup, the decongestant kind, helps to thin your mucus, including your cervical mucus and that helps the swimmers. Good luck to ya.
    keisha613

Answer by keisha613 at 1:26 PM on Oct. 24, 2009