preschool teacher

My dds preschool teacher has a FB page and Im a friend. She stated at the beginning of the year to contact her via FB if interested. Non emergencies of course. However every single mornign her post is about not looking forward to going to work and how she cant wait to be home and away from the tantrums. I def cant say that I blame her for her thoughts considering its a tough job and only 25 w/o kids. However why would you ask parents of your kids to request you as a friend if every post is about something negative with the class??? Im not mad but just a little confused. What are your opinions??

Steph319

Asked by Steph319 at 7:08 PM on Oct. 23, 2009 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• I too are a teacher, and have a FB account--but I NEVER mix "business with pleasure!" Because many of my co-workers are also on FB along with many students, I keep my FB account "professional" and NEVER post anything I would be embarrassed about someone else seeing/reading--including pictures and political comments! :o)

I think it's a "young" thing to be so open with parents--your child's teacher is only 25, and doesn't realize the implications and lack of professionalism this could cause down the road.

If you are really friends, I think I would say something casually to her referencing her comments about the children. Something like: "How did your day go? I noticed on FB that you weren't looking forward to today...was the day better than you were expecting?!" LOL
    LoriKeet

Answer by LoriKeet at 7:19 PM on Oct. 23, 2009

• that she's 25 and not thinking very much about who is looking at her very public page and comments. She's just acting like a lot of other ppl in their early 20's. Though i think shes a little immature for her age if she isn't making the connection.

as long as you feel secure sending your child there and that she is being taken care of then i wouldn't say or do anything.

I agree its very odd that she would send you there were there is so much negative stuff.
    tntmom1027

Answer by tntmom1027 at 7:18 PM on Oct. 23, 2009

• I would be a little concerned. Ask your child how she behaves while shes teaching everyday. Is she smiling and happy! Does she fake it well? It would bother me more if she was treating my child or the class in a negative way. Other than that..school year is almost half over, count your blessings, and be glad when your child is outta there!
    sweetstkissez22

Answer by sweetstkissez22 at 7:19 PM on Oct. 23, 2009

• I would mention something to her about it. It sounds like an immaturity thing and could eventually cost her the job. Business are starting to be much stricter about the things employees post and her behavior is very unprofessional.
    IrishMommaC

Answer by IrishMommaC at 7:24 PM on Oct. 23, 2009