What do you think of this? christian vs. atheist opinion

I posted this link before but it got removed cause some didn't like that I spelled a curse word in the title so here it is again without the bad word.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i1UbSw9Wcjs

rhanford

Asked by rhanford at 7:23 PM on Oct. 23, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• oh ive seen this.. its interesting.. im taking a history course in school right now that "Intro to the Hebrew bible and the history of ancient Israel" and we talk alot about extra-biblical evidence (evidence outside the bible that supports it) and there is a lot from about 1 samuel on.

I think that every person is entitled to their own opinion.

Authors back when the bible was written were a lot different then the ones we have today. They wrote a lot more subjectively and they were highly religious themselves. They didnt write the bible to tell us what to do and think in black and white.....they didn't write it for us at all. they wanted whoever read it to have to think some and figure it out for themselves.

I think its sad that people argue so much about something when it would take a lot less energy to just agree to dissagree.
    tntmom1027

Answer by tntmom1027 at 7:29 PM on Oct. 23, 2009

• i thought the bible was God's word? TNT
    Anonymous

• i completley agree. the bible is a fairtytale. and dont you hate it when women on here report you for cursing or offending them a little? come on ladies, were all adults here. stop tatteltaling and grow the f@ck up :)
    PURPULbutterfly

Answer by PURPULbutterfly at 7:37 PM on Oct. 23, 2009

• It didn't do anything to change any of my beliefs and I am Christian. They didn't "prove" anything I believe was absolutely wrong. I heard a lot of opinions and assumption, not all Christians take the Bible literally, explanations have been given for some of the things they mentioned. It's really up to the individual person to decide what they think is true and what they think is false.
    Anonymous

• I have heard about this site and it is a mockery against God period.
    Shaneagle777

Answer by Shaneagle777 at 10:57 PM on Oct. 23, 2009

• I wasn't trying to change anyone's opinion, I am looking to see if anyone can prove them wrong or prove them right. TNT IO would love to discuss what you are learning :) I am interested in the truth.

Also the curse word wasn't full on it was written bullsh!t but w/e lol.
    rhanford

Answer by rhanford at 12:05 AM on Oct. 24, 2009

• If I get some free time today I'll watch it over again and take notes about each point they bring up. Last night I had my headphones on and was just listening while I was cleaning, in 10 minutes they made several points so it will take me a bit to re-watch and address each one, but I'll give it a shot.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:15 AM on Oct. 24, 2009

• awesome thnx anon :)
    rhanford

Answer by rhanford at 2:40 AM on Oct. 25, 2009