wisdoms?

has anyone had them taken out? if so how long did it take for the swelling to go down?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:52 PM on Oct. 23, 2009 in Health

• I had 2 taken out, but just one by one. And for me it hurt really bad and I was sick and at home for a week and couldn't eat and my face was really swollen.
    My hubby had all 4 at once taken out and the next day he was doing fine.
    crazypink

Answer by crazypink at 7:59 PM on Oct. 23, 2009

• i had all 4 taken out yesterday abd my face is still really sore and swollen im just wonderin if it should be like this or if i should go to the er
    Anonymous

• I think it's just normal when you had them taken out yesterday. If you start bleeding heavily then you need to see your dentist again. Back when mine got taken out my face was really swollen and bruised too. Just take your pain medication and sleep as much as you can.
    crazypink

Answer by crazypink at 8:07 PM on Oct. 23, 2009

• yeah all i can say is this is worse then giving birth!
    Anonymous

• It depends if it is done buy an oral surgeon or by a dentist. I had mine done by an oral surgeon, I didn't really need the pain meds they gave and was fine in 48 hours. My friend had her done by a dentist and she was in pain for a week and needed all the pain meds.

DevilInPigtails

Answer by DevilInPigtails at 8:21 PM on Oct. 23, 2009

• it was done by an oral surgeon im hoping it'll be better by tomorrow
    Anonymous

• I had my top ones pulled in April, and didn't really have any swelling - nothing noticable to an outsider, anyway, even my mom didn't notice - hubby's the only person who said I was a bit swollen.
    Anonymous

• It all depends on the type of extraction it is-- if it is easy, impacted, surgical, if the roots are intact or if you have to dig for 'em.... (I used to work in a dental office and assisted on many extractions)
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:21 AM on Oct. 24, 2009