Do other SAHMs get this way or just me?

Everyday I feel like I have to go somewhere. If I have been home all day I start getting antsy. I can't stand to be home all day.There are lots of times where I will go and just walk around Target or Wal Mart and not buy anything. I just feel better after getting out of the house. I will take my kids to the park, playplace, or mall often. Even just going over and hanging out at my parents house is better than being home all day. I will even call my mom often and offer to do her errands for her just to get out.
I guess at home I don't feel relaxed. I look around and feel like I should be cleaning or organizing. When I leave the house I don't feel like I am "at work" anymore and can relax.
Anyone else feel this way?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:00 PM on Oct. 23, 2009 in Just for Fun

• I'm not like that at all. I like to be home. I actually get annoyed when I have to go somewhere.
    Anonymous

• yes! and the kids are the same way too. i try to take them somewhere everyday.... they were driving me nuts after i had the baby and we stayed home for a week lol
    princessbeth79

Answer by princessbeth79 at 8:06 PM on Oct. 23, 2009

• kinda. i love being a SAHM but there are days where i NEED to be outta the house. with winter coming up i know its going to be hard!
    naturepeace

Answer by naturepeace at 8:07 PM on Oct. 23, 2009

• I was totally like that when my kids were younger and not in school. Now I can relax, get out when I want and not have to worry about nap time or "I'm hungry" whine, whine, whine about something else. And then I can get housework done without those little helpers wrecking everything immediately.

I still get antsy, especially this past week. I hurt my wrist and need to have it o complete rest. Yeah, right. Gotta go out just to feel like I'm doing something and not sitting around watching movies all day.
    balagan_imma

Answer by balagan_imma at 8:09 PM on Oct. 23, 2009

• I feel the same way... I sometimes go to walmart to walk around without buying anything or if I don't have the car I go for long stroller rides just so I don't sit in the house all day...
    crazypink

Answer by crazypink at 8:09 PM on Oct. 23, 2009

• I am so a home body person I don't mind going out but running the roads all day everyday nope I have better things to do then run the roads.
    Anonymous

• Yup, I have to leave nearly daily or I start getting depressed. We go to the park, the YMCA, church, library, errands or just a walk around the block. I can't stand to be in the house all day. I have the kids 24/7 but at least we get out and they are not on me.

shopping

DevilInPigtails

Answer by DevilInPigtails at 8:18 PM on Oct. 23, 2009

• I feel that way sometimes too especially in the winter.
    sweetmom1007

Answer by sweetmom1007 at 8:23 PM on Oct. 23, 2009

• OMG MOMMA YES!!!! EVERY FRIGGIN DAY I FEEL LIKE YOU
    joeysmommie07

Answer by joeysmommie07 at 8:30 PM on Oct. 23, 2009

• lol omg heck yea. the same thing the ppl in the stores probably think im crazy just walking around w/ my kids . especially in the summer when just trow on some cloths and go .
    michmm03

Answer by michmm03 at 8:30 PM on Oct. 23, 2009