I am 31 weeks, and I am bleeding from my butt, not alot, but when I poop and then wipe, there's blood on the toilet tissue, why??

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:54 PM on Oct. 23, 2009 in Pregnancy

• One of two things... either you are constipated (meaning ur poo is hard and large instead of soft) and you have torn ur rectal opening...or you have hemorrhoids, which is a swelling of the blood vescles in the rectum which can cause irritation, itching, burning, bleeding, etc... If you had blood in your STOOLS then I'd say to worry. Bloody stools generally look black and tar like (not red). But since you are pregnant and constipation is a common issue...I'd say ur probably fine.
    ErinHill226

Answer by ErinHill226 at 8:58 PM on Oct. 23, 2009

• probably hemorrhoids.

ave.maria.

Answer by ave.maria. at 8:55 PM on Oct. 23, 2009

• probably a hemorrhoid... I went to the doctor for that, and they did a colonoscopy, and they said that being pregnant as well as giving birth can do that to you. But, if you are concerned you should talk to your doctor.
    Anonymous

• Ahh, the joys of pregnancy. Hemmorroids are likely the cause. As long as it is only when you wipe and it isn't just freely bleeding you're okay. A cream or wipe to shrink the swelling will help you be more comfortable id they hurt. Stoll softners may also help. Tell your OB at your next appt.
    GrnEyedGrandma

Answer by GrnEyedGrandma at 8:58 PM on Oct. 23, 2009

• Yep hemmoroids
    amj616

Answer by amj616 at 9:14 PM on Oct. 23, 2009

• Yeah if ur #2 is a little hard it can like scrape u inside and make u bleed a little i have had this like a few times after birth, lol But I eat enough fiber so I dont know why, but noticed when I was eating oatmeal every morning which has good fiber in it that my #2 was really really soft!!
    Anonymous

• Hemorrhoids
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:55 AM on Oct. 24, 2009