what do you think of the new treaty of childrens' rights? this bill has not been passed yet but its up to our sen. to stop it.?

the childrens' rights bill-if it becaomes law, then that gives the children the legal right to choose what they want to watch on TV, freedom doing what the child pleases. ect., it gretaly reduces the parents rights to tell their child what to do and what they cant do, i hope our senetors stop this ,

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:29 PM on Oct. 23, 2009 in General Parenting

• I would hope they'd stop this too! That sounds crazy.
    HomeMakin94

Answer by HomeMakin94 at 9:49 PM on Oct. 23, 2009

• wtf? So why not also allow six year olds to vote and drive cars? That would just be crazy... there are enough parents who let their kids run wild anyway... why add to the decline of American civilization? On in America people...
    ErinHill226

Answer by ErinHill226 at 11:00 PM on Oct. 23, 2009

• Me again... how would they enforce such a thing anyway? Like... okay, I can't tell dd what she can and can't watch on TV... but if she's in the house I paid for and it's MY TV, then I STILL get to say what does and does get played on my own property. And if she can go where she pleases...yeah fine...but she better find a way of getting there that does not involve riding in MY car. It just seems very unenforcable. This must be joke...please say it is...pretty please.
    ErinHill226

Answer by ErinHill226 at 11:03 PM on Oct. 23, 2009

• I soo agree with you erin. Until my kids turn 18 they are MINE. I don't care what anyone says.
    NicMorgan

Answer by NicMorgan at 11:09 PM on Oct. 23, 2009

• None of the complaints about it are true and I think it's very selfish of our conservative legislators to distort and misinterpret this treaty, which is intended to end the abuse of children in undeveloped countries.
    ddbz

Answer by ddbz at 11:39 PM on Oct. 23, 2009

• Yes ddbz, that is what it is intended to do. However, if the US ratifies this treaty, it could greatly undermine our traditional parental rights. The government could use it to force all children into public school because they can teach them better. Force all parents to vaccinate their children. Your child could get you into trouble because you make them go to church. It is too broad of a document.

That is why parentalrights.org is trying to amend the Constitution to protect our traditional parental rights. A treaty over rules all other laws except the Constitution.
    motherofhope98

Answer by motherofhope98 at 10:21 AM on Oct. 24, 2009

• uh, link pls?
    autodidact

Answer by autodidact at 9:25 PM on Oct. 24, 2009

• force all children into public school because they can teach them better.

the hell they can

autodidact

Answer by autodidact at 9:26 PM on Oct. 24, 2009

• www.parentalrights.org

There are links to the actual treaty. More info on how you can contact your congressmen to let them know how you feel about it.

motherofhope98

Answer by motherofhope98 at 9:50 AM on Oct. 25, 2009