would this piss you off???

okay ladies like many of you (maybe)my motherinlaw and i do not see eye to eye we used to be close but i guess she though she could control me and my hubby i cursed her out and we really havent spoken since....anyway i have a three year old and an 11month old which neither one she calls checks on has seen etc my husband oldest daughter from a prev relationship she just cant get enough of. i have extended myself and i am sick of the diff. anyway she NEVER calls our home she always calls my hubby cellphone anyway he got his numb changed today and she had the nerve to call my house to tell him to call his sister WHAT THE FUC# no asking how the kids are nothing it has taken all of my being to not curse and scream at my husband about her so thats why i am venting cafemom readers.........have a good day

sunflower39346

Asked by sunflower39346 at 9:36 PM on Oct. 23, 2009 in Relationships

• Maybe 'cuz you cursed her out.
    EireLass

Answer by EireLass at 9:41 PM on Oct. 23, 2009

• i would totally be pissed off!
    rosepetalluv

Answer by rosepetalluv at 9:44 PM on Oct. 23, 2009

• i apologized to her when my three year old was born.....she has not come to see her grandchildren at all my son or daughter (she has three grandchildren) the oldest lives in the next town from us so she drives past my town to go pick up the other grandchild.....even my husband finally grew some balls and told her last christmas that was not fair(we were not there but she bought the oldest presents and not my two my daughter was about three weeks old and she looks just like her .......
    sunflower39346

Answer by sunflower39346 at 9:50 PM on Oct. 23, 2009

• Is it kosher? No. Is it worth losing your head over? No. Ten to one says it's bothers you more than it bothers your children. Children don't need to have their biological grandparents in their lives to be safe, happy and secure.

legalmommy101

Answer by legalmommy101 at 9:56 PM on Oct. 23, 2009

• Find the opportunity to apologize for your behavior. Respect her as your husband's mother and your kids' grandmother. Think about what pushed your buttons to set you off and about how to prevent what ends up hurting alot of people. You may be totally in the right but how you handled it didn't work well for you. Talk it over with your husband before you put any of it into action after you apologize to him for how you treated his mother and get him on the side of calling a truce.
    happi-ladi

Answer by happi-ladi at 10:07 PM on Oct. 23, 2009

• when my husband went to iraq she was telling him i was with another man (which i was not)the first year he was goneto iraq she and i talked almost every day...when she told my husband jump he said how high then he stopped and i think that really pissed her off we had come to see her oneday when he was home on his leave and she was trying to start i told her please hubby came to see you and i really do not want to talkabout this right now she kept on so i told her where to go and how to get there...........i have apologized to both i swallowed my pride for my husband and my children she stillwont have anything to do with them ...thanks for the suggestion happi-ladi been there done that
    sunflower39346

Answer by sunflower39346 at 10:15 PM on Oct. 23, 2009

• i know what you mean!!!!!!!! i hate my fucken MIL and it pisses me off so bad that my SO doesnt do something about her skank bitch ass. lol.
    PURPULbutterfly

Answer by PURPULbutterfly at 10:34 PM on Oct. 23, 2009

• it didn't bother me that my ex mil never called or asked about her grandkids. i figured it was her loss and the boys don't care now or then what she did or didn't do. i would leave it alone. you can't forc e someone to like thier grand kids or you. i guess it's all point of view. so since you care then i can see you being mad but i didn't and so i wasn't mad. maybe if your tried to accept that she won't change will help you accept the way things are and there would be no need to curse your husband out. it' snot his fault his mother is insensitive and heartless. look on the bright side now she is out of your business and has no say so in anything that you do with your children.
    melody77

Answer by melody77 at 11:02 PM on Oct. 23, 2009

• My FIL did this to me. He attacked me with a cane (hes 73 and has seizures so hes not so good with balance nowadays) when my son was just a week old. I was actually breastfeeding my son when he broke the lock on the door and barged in and started swinging. He said that I needed to get "that thing" (my son) out of his house and that I was the one who brought him in this world so I need to take care of him. I moved in his house b/c he had a stroke right before I had my son and I was already on leave from work and DH needed someone there 24/7 or else he would have to go to a nursing home. That was 3 years ago and he hasn't seen my son since. He states that he only has 1 grandchild and thats DH"s son from his previous marriage. DH has 3 kids, 2 from his ex, 1 by me. His sister has 1 child also. Hes just an ass and I count it as a blessing not to have to put my son through dealing with him.
    amyrw

Answer by amyrw at 11:10 PM on Oct. 23, 2009

• totally her loss!
    boogernoodle

Answer by boogernoodle at 11:32 PM on Oct. 23, 2009