my daughter has been so bad latley.

OK! So lately my daughter has been getting into everything. I cant keep up with her and her messes. And when we go to restaurants she hardly eats. She's more interested in everyone around us. She throws her food all over. I don't know if its just faze or what. Because she eats just fine at home. I just keep thinking she just might be going through terrible 2's early or something. Shes only 17 months old. So what can i do to get her to start minding like what kind of punishment is appropriate for her age?

karidee52008

Asked by karidee52008 at 9:58 PM on Oct. 23, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• its a phase pretty much every child goes thru this at some point just keep telling her that its not nice to throw food when ur out somewhere ... to eat something even just a lil bit b4 it gets cold ... and as far as getting into everything shes just exploring and seeing wat she can get away with my son is doing the getting into everything and hes a 1 1/2 hes been doing that since he could walk itll get better ( i hope on my end lol) just takes time dont get mad at her dont yell it dont help anything just keep telling her and explainging why its not nice shes young but shes knows wat ur saying
    cocobutt2002

Answer by cocobutt2002 at 10:04 PM on Oct. 23, 2009

• START BUSTING HER BUTT IF U DONT SHE JUST GET WORSE ! START MAKEING HER CLEAN HER OWN MESS , SHE NEED TO START LEARNING , DONT WAGHT LATTER IT BE TOO LATE . GOOD LUCK U GOING TO NEED IT IM GLADE MY KIDS ARE OUT OF THE 2S STAGES !
    Anonymous

• Thanks you soo much for your advice. See she is good in store and stuff just not restaurants.
    karidee52008

Answer by karidee52008 at 10:10 PM on Oct. 23, 2009

• Sounds perfectly normal for a little kid in a restaurant - mine range in age from 2 to 8 and none of them do good in a restaurant!
    Anonymous

• i stopped taking my son out to eat. I figure its just an age and excitement thing for him - some kids can handle it, some kids are too active or excited for it at this age. If you Do take her out, make sure its a loud kid friendly place so YOU are not as affected by her reactions also. I notice the more upset I get, he feeds off that and often acts even worse
    maxsmom11807

Answer by maxsmom11807 at 10:42 PM on Oct. 23, 2009