potty training a 2 1/2 yr old

my daughter will not go in the potty she has a few times but when i know she has to go she wont shell either yell no mommy no or just will throw a fit if i just take her to go anyway i try to get her to go with me everytime i go in but she doesnt want ont he potty i do not use a potty chair i use the big potty for her with a seat she doesnt like the potty chairs shes getting lil heat bumps on her from the pulls ups because shes too warm down there ( shes hot blooded like her dad) and i just dont know wat else to try ive also tryed just putting undies on her she still wouldnt go she knows everyone goes on the potty even elmo (her fav.) and still no luck i even put my 1 1/2 yr old boy on the potty to see if itll encourage her to go she thought it was funny and cool but didnt help getting her on it she can tell when she has to go at least poop and sometimes pee she just wants to play instead of taking time to go help plz .....

cocobutt2002

Asked by cocobutt2002 at 10:01 PM on Oct. 23, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• Use a timer and have her sit on the potty every time it goes off. You could also give her a treat the first week, every time she sits on it without throwing a fit. Then change it to a treat when she actually goes. The thing that has worked the best for me has been to put my kids in regular underwear. If they wet themselves they get sent to the bathroom to undress, sit on the potty, and dress in clean clothes. They HATE taking off the dirty clothes and then not having my help at all. It once took my son over an hour before he was allowed out of the bathroom! Anyway, they are much more likely to go in the potty now! Good luck. Just keep trying!
    micheledo

Answer by micheledo at 10:09 PM on Oct. 23, 2009

• maybe do a little reward. tell her everytime she goes in the potty you'll give her a sticker. and you two can start a sticker scrap book with her.
    incarnita

Answer by incarnita at 9:39 AM on Oct. 24, 2009