Who can give me honest advise??...

I didn't know where to put this one..Anyhow, I'm looking into taking an LVN course. Is anyone on here an LVn?what was your experience like and was it worth it?..thanks in advance... : )

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:14 PM on Oct. 23, 2009 in Just for Fun

• they make lots of money but it is hard work i know that i used to work with some
    firstimemomm603

Answer by firstimemomm603 at 10:15 PM on Oct. 23, 2009

• Yes, LVN is the same as LPN. I guess they make alot of money, compared to someone making minimum wage. When I graduated about 6 years ago, LPNs were making around $8 an hour. If you are going that route- I would be an RN. You can get your RN license in the same ammount of time- and make twice the money when you go to work. The class is a little more expensive- but not much, the time is the same- yes, there is usually a waiting list, but you can spend that time getting in your maths, english, history and other "non nursing" classes you will need.
    Anonymous

• I am an RN and would recommend that you take classes at a community college if at all possible. The private nursing school fees are really overpriced for what you would make as an LVN, depending on what part of the country you live in. Taking classes at a community college would give you a chance to see if you even like nursing without taking out big student loans for something that you might not even end up wanting to do. Being a nurse is a wonderful career, but you have to want to do it for the right reasons. Nursing is very demanding physically, emotionally and mentally. Good luck with whatever you decide to do!
    Anonymous

• OP here---
    I have my medical assistant certificate. Here for RN school it will take me like 4 yrs, or do it online and pay 70K. LVN school is going to cost me 20K..and when I'm done the same school offers a bridge program and that would take me a year and a half more. This course is 12 months. I love working with patients...I don't have to work right now so I will be done in 12 month instead of 24...
    Anonymous

• OP here---
    Sorry the bridge program is for RN school.
    Anonymous

• Its a good course but most hospital facilities are getting rid of LVN's and its almost getting to the point there just going too be able too work in nursing homes and dr. offices or hospice/home care . Im a pct at a hospital most of all of my basics are done for me too go into Rn school. But im going too do criminal justice too . Yes there are bridge programs , and its a great idea but you would have too get hospital expeariance as an LVN to get into the bridge program down here in texas its like 6 mo minimum that you have too have too apply . But if no one employs you at a hospital it makes it hard . So it just depends on what road you want to go down . Yes its easier too do the bridge over if you like the hands on your not required too have your basics done in some schools for your LVN. If you just push thru too get your RN then some people are like then you dont have too worry about the in betweens . Another thing .. cont
    Harley_Emmie

Answer by Harley_Emmie at 5:25 PM on Oct. 24, 2009

• Continued....
    Another thing is you can get into an Paramedic bridge over too an RN now i dont know how other states work that and what colleges work with it . But its a pretty new program maybe a couple of years old . Where you can Finish your EMT/Paramedic with in less then 15 months then you can bridge over to be an Rn . I would look into your local schools . Good Luck!!!
    Harley_e
    Harley_Emmie

Answer by Harley_Emmie at 5:27 PM on Oct. 24, 2009