why don't you drive?

I've seen several women say that they don't drive? why not? how do you get things done?

I cant imagine not driving...I feel very blessed that I have a dependable vehicle that I can hop in and go when ever I need to / want to

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:30 PM on Oct. 23, 2009 in Just for Fun

• well. noone has ever taught me.im 20 years old and id love to learn how. i could have a vechile if i had a license.:( in a way im a little scared. probably has something to do with when i was 16 one of my close friends crashed and killed a girl. you are right about freedom..id love to have a license but you need to be taught how first.
    Anonymous

• I have a serious phobia when it comes to driving. I have my license but I haven't driven in 10 years. It's not a hardship though. The library is 2 blocks away, the beach is 6 blocks away, the post office is 3 blocks away & the school my children attend is 2 blocks away. Any major eerrands that need run we do on Sundays and my because my dr. appointments are very serious matters (I am a cancer survivor) my husband always goes with me.
    Anonymous

• I know how to drive i have just never gone to get my license. I have underage smoking fines from when i was 13 that also have to be paid before i can get my license. My hubby usually takes me where i need to go or i take the bus. It's not that bad, i just don't have the money for it right now.
    jnsdrf

Answer by jnsdrf at 10:55 PM on Oct. 23, 2009

• I can walk just fine? Actually I hate it and it scares me. I was in an accident when I was 13 and I've never gotten past it. I've even been on meds with no relief. I'm so worried about the other crazy drivers that I become one. I figure it's safer than killing someone esp. my child right? As for freedom people lived without cars for centuries and were fine.
    Anonymous

• wow so i'm not the only one. i have tried twice for my license at 22/23 and no luck cause i am a nervous driver who screwed up on a couple of things that were apparently enough to keep them from giving it to me. i'm almost 24 and want to drive really badly, but i just had so much trouble because of nervousness and i guess honestly not enough training. i try to be careful but i guess i wasn't good enough yet, even though my husband, who is a very good driver, thought i was ready. i didn't get it as a teen and it seems like they are much harder on you if you are over 18 and it seems harder to get the license. i am gonna try again after the baby is born because i really need to be able to drive him places
    Anonymous

• Man I thought I was the only one too! lol I was scared for the longest but then i got over my fear because I have two kids and I cant be depended on no one. My SO drove me everywhere I remember i went up there to take my test and the lady was like "how old are you" I said 20 and she was like that's a good age to start driving. I was SCARED out my mind thinking about driving then i got over it.
    effie777

Answer by effie777 at 11:25 PM on Oct. 23, 2009

• I haven't driven in over a year because the tags on our truck expired and my husband is so freaking lazy he's never renewed them (long story). I refuse to drive it until it's legal because I don't want to get a ticket for his idiocy. And for the record the truck is in his name so I can't renew them.
    To get things done I wait until he isn't busy and we go together or I walk. Nothing wrong with walking. I walk to the local grocery store a couple blocks away at least once a week to pick up produce and other small things we need. And, yeah, I carry it all home. It's nothing new. I didn't have a car until I met my husband in 99. Before that I walked everywhere (grocery store, laundromat, work, school...carrying lots of heavy stuff).
    justanotherjen

Answer by justanotherjen at 11:35 PM on Oct. 23, 2009

• lol..im 28 (i know..loser), and i havent learned how to drive...i tryed once and i cant do my turns and cant remember directions like how to get from this store back to my home, sadly thats prolly why i dont drive...i have no sense of direction. if i had a GPS it still wouldnt help, i dont even know which way is North, South, East and West. i depend on hubby mainly, either i get to go that day or not, usually depends on his schedule. i'd think it was a privilage and freedom if i knew a thing or two but its too hard.
    americansugar80

Answer by americansugar80 at 12:59 AM on Oct. 24, 2009

• when you learn to drive at age 20 or around that, i dont think its so bad
    americansugar80

Answer by americansugar80 at 1:04 AM on Oct. 24, 2009

• My Grammy never drove and when I became an adult I knew that I did not want to depend on other people or go without like she did so I paid for my own private lessons, made a deal with a friend at work for the extra hours of practice driving, and passed the driving test the first time. I then got a loan for an old car and I was free!
    My dearest friend, JoAnn, does not drive, nor wants to learn how. She says its just another headache to have to worry about and her plate is full enough. I am amazed that she was able to care for herself and her 2 children during her husband's many deployments and now they live out in the middle of the country and he works wacky hours at his job. She is at the mercy of when it is convenient for him unless someone in her family can take her someplace.
    Even if a person never owns a vehicle, they should at least know how to drive and hold a valid driver's license - just in case.
    PrydferthMenyw

Answer by PrydferthMenyw at 1:32 PM on Oct. 24, 2009