8 weeks 4 days.... oh so sick... help?

i need to know what will settle my belly. even just thinking of eating makes me gag. iv tried crackers, ginger ale, relaxing, a bath, and nothing seems to help the yucky feeling in my belly... its like an empty feeling, but i am forcing myself to eat a few small meals a day rather then 3 large ones. i gag all day at just about everything from a smell to taste, and even when i go from inside to outside and back... crazy i know, but its so annoying. what do you do to settle a weak belly?

Keaton_Hazel

Asked by Keaton_Hazel at 10:44 PM on Oct. 23, 2009 in Pregnancy

• Try sucking on a peppermint. That would sometimes help me. The crackers got old very fast for me. Ginger ale or sprite is another thing you can try. If its really bad your ob can get you a prescription.
    mommytobrooke

Answer by mommytobrooke at 10:56 PM on Oct. 23, 2009

• When I couldn't imagine eating a thing, I had a carnation instant breakfast. It was liquid, I could manage to swallow it and keep it down, and it even had some vitamins to it....

...once the instant breakfast settled, I was more able to take on solid foods.

Popsicles and ice cubes also helped me for some reason.

mogencreative

Answer by mogencreative at 11:04 PM on Oct. 23, 2009

• You sound like me.

These are the suggestions I was given; I didn't try them all.

Peppermint; either candy or tea

Ginger; tea, gingerale (get the kind with real ginger in it) candied ginger

Tums

Parsley tea

Juice Plus

Anonymous

• I bought some of those queasy drops (another brand is preggy pops) from Mimi Maternity, and they worked better than anything else I've tried. Took the edge off. They also sell them at Babies R Us (here anyway) and I'm sure you can order online. My pharmacist also told ME that back in the day there was a medication for morning sickness that was made primarily of glucose (sugar). So...when she was pregnant she said she swore by Dr. Pepper because it is by far the most sickeningly sweet soda available. If you are worried about caffeine, coke is also pretty sweet and comes in caffeine free. Hard candy (again sugar...oh, and FYI, the main ingredient in preggy pops is brown rice syrup...so again with the sweet stuff!) also works for me. I was the same way with dd, I promise you will feel human again! (If you think you are becoming dehydrated, tell ur Dr. and he can give you some meds for extreme cases)
    ErinHill226

Answer by ErinHill226 at 11:41 PM on Oct. 23, 2009

• for me ginger tea helped some, also when you can get stuff down, go for it. Let your doctor know how sick you are, mine thought it was just occasionally till I was in the hospital at the end and he asked how long I had been being sick 4-6times a day. I was like, umm since before I saw the pink line on the pee test.
    auroura

Answer by auroura at 11:46 PM on Oct. 23, 2009

• honey when i felt like that nothing helped much except for curling up in a ball until it passed lol!!! ginger ale did help me a little but it was too sweet for me since i was already nauseous...so i ate plain toast and sucked on peppermint. i think the constant sucking helped me not to gag! hope something helps!
    secondtyme520

Answer by secondtyme520 at 12:00 AM on Oct. 24, 2009

• Try sucking on some kind of sour candy. That made me feel better .
    adg0114

Answer by adg0114 at 6:57 PM on Oct. 24, 2009