needs braces

my 16 year old needs braces really bad, i live in northern minesota and have no medical insurance does anyone know where i can get help

momupnorth

Asked by momupnorth at 10:48 PM on Oct. 23, 2009 in Health

• Same thing here---but I think we are out of luck.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 4:49 AM on Oct. 26, 2009

• A lot of insurance plans don't cover orthodontia anyway, so lack of insurance doesn't really mean much. Most orthodontists will take a payment plan, if that's something you can do. But for the most part, it's considered aesthetic, so you're not likely to get any kind of help for it. If it's just that her teeth are really crooked, consider waiting and letting her take care of it when she's older if it really bothers her. If there's some medical reason that she needs them, like there's no room for all her teeth and you need to make room for the rest of her permanent teeth to come in, then talk to the orthodontist and see what he's willing to do.
    DragonRiderMD

Answer by DragonRiderMD at 11:28 PM on Oct. 23, 2009

• Since orthodontia/braces are an ongoing process (meaning takes many visits and time to get the results desired) , alot of orthodontists will set up payment plans with you (I know cause I used to work in the dental field- and I have been thru orthodontics).
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:17 AM on Oct. 24, 2009