how much do you play with your toddler?

my son is 17 months and i call him the tornado! i try to spend time just playing with him, singing, clapping, dancing, but his interest is in everything else. he wont play with toys long before tossing them, i try to get him to color but he just likes to run off with the crayons so he can eat them lol. the only time my son is not ripping my house apart is when he is in his room behind the gate. i feel terrible because i dont want him to watch a lot of tv but its the only thing he will actually do and like. he loves to be outside but each time we go out we have to run back in because of bees and yellow jackets, and i am often too busy shuttling the family back and forth, workin etc to get to the park everyday. what can i do to spend time having fun with him?

secondtyme520

Asked by secondtyme520 at 11:46 PM on Oct. 23, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• sounds exactly like my son. He is always tearing my house apart too .I would like to know what to do as well
    issaiahsmommy

Answer by issaiahsmommy at 8:08 AM on Oct. 24, 2009

• If you play with you baby for an hour a few times a day. they should be content .
    incarnita

Answer by incarnita at 9:35 AM on Oct. 24, 2009

• he wont play for a full hour with me lol! i try to get him to play and stop running around about every hour or so for about 15 minutes or so how ever long i can get him to sit lol!
    secondtyme520

Answer by secondtyme520 at 11:25 AM on Oct. 24, 2009