Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

60 days ago my daughter was a passenger in a car that was hit by a drunk driver and I need advice

She is in her first yr of college and was going to this school to play basketball....She can't now because of the fact that he back and neck hurt 24/7!
The insurance of the woman who caused the accident say they won't pay for any bills.
Is it too late to get a lawyer? should I even try? My daughter has to give up a sport that she loves dearly and is in constant pain and probably always will have problems. I am mad as HELL and want her to have some compensation.

Answer Question

Asked by Anonymous at 11:51 PM on Oct. 23, 2009 in Kids' Health

Answers (8)
  • Um... you haven't seen a lawyer yet? First and foremost, I would be counting my lucky stars that my child is alive. Second, I would have contacted an attorney the day after it happened. This is something only they can help you with.

    Answer by Anonymous at 12:04 AM on Oct. 24, 2009

  • Yes, you can still get an attorney and why have you waited this long? The insurace is blowing smoke up your butt. I would have contacted any attorney ASAP. You also have to teach your kids to NEVER EVER get in a vehicle with anyone that has been drinking. EVER, no matter what. You are lucky your daughter is alive.

    Answer by tyfry7496 at 12:29 AM on Oct. 24, 2009

  • The insurance company may or may not have to pay, but the driver who was drunk? They may have to pay lifetime disability. GL and I hope your daughter can find a way to ease the pain, and find a path to happiness in life.

    Answer by auroura at 12:49 AM on Oct. 24, 2009

  • No.... the driver of the... other car was drunk...sorry I was not clear on that....the car my daughter was in was hit at 50 miles per hour by a drunk driving female.

    And I waited because I wanted to see maybe if her backache would go away ands also it is hard because the school she is at is 300 miles away

    Answer by Anonymous at 12:59 AM on Oct. 24, 2009

  • Get a lawyer anyway. The delay will certainly be broought up but that;'s not a reason not to get representation.

    Answer by gdiamante at 1:43 AM on Oct. 24, 2009

  • You have up to two years to file for accidents. Get a lawyer. At the LEAST, the insurance company has to pay for damage to the vehicle and any medical. IF the driver didn't have insurance that did provide this, then the driver of the vehicle at fault has to pay out of pocket.

    Answer by Anonymous at 8:16 AM on Oct. 24, 2009

  • Get a lawyer and ask around for a recommendation for a chiropractor and a DO (one who practices as a DO and doesn't just wear the initials).

    My MIL was T-boned making a left at a light by a woman on a cell (about 40mph). She was in pain/sore/achy for months afterward, but said the chiropractor helped. has "tribal" board where you may find practitioners in your/her area.

    Answer by happytexasCM at 11:03 PM on Oct. 24, 2009

  • Find the biggest cut throat asshole lawyer you can find and sue the shit out of that SOB that did this to your daughter!!!!!!

    Answer by Starfire73 at 4:47 AM on Oct. 26, 2009

Join CafeMom now to contribute your answer and become part of our community. It's free and takes just a minute.