all my family lives out of state and hubby and i only have a few friends.how should i find a sitter for my 1yr old for date nights?

should i call daycare centers to get some referalls?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:59 PM on Oct. 23, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• call your local highschool or even college! they may have some daycare classes that that have people looking for child experience that actually enjoy babysitting!!! also i know people fear the craigslist but i have found good things there. (jobs, people, and my own daycare)
    roxyann76

Answer by roxyann76 at 12:01 AM on Oct. 24, 2009

• Why? Take the child with you when you go out. If you are new to an area and not sure of people, I sure wouldn't be leaving your child until you get to know people first.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:01 AM on Oct. 24, 2009

• cuz alone date time with hubby is needed!
    roxyann76

Answer by roxyann76 at 12:06 AM on Oct. 24, 2009

• I would say try sittercity.com or care.com, craiglist works too just meet them in a public place and get to know them first. cause you dont know who you are giving your address to out there. But i have a profile on both of those sites and I have had a couple jobs
    HANNAHSMOMMY25

Answer by HANNAHSMOMMY25 at 12:15 AM on Oct. 24, 2009

• thanks roxy and hannah :)
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:15 AM on Oct. 24, 2009

• I have traded babysitting services with friends before. One night you watch their kid, another night they watch yours. We have also had date night at home after the kids go to bed. A lot of the restaurants now like Chilis, Olive Garden, Fridays, Applebees have to go menus. Buy a bottle wine or what ever you prefer to drink.
    lady-J-Rock

Answer by lady-J-Rock at 8:05 AM on Oct. 24, 2009

___
    Because sometimes you NEED time alone with your spouse. We move every 2-5 years, I can't imagine not having date night with my husband because I don't know people. We make the point to get to know people. We moved here at the very end of May. We already know 3 people who have said that they're willing to babysit. Get to know neighbors, people you or your DH works with, and even local high schoolers.
    Cavalrybaby02

Answer by Cavalrybaby02 at 8:37 AM on Oct. 24, 2009

• Aren't there in your nieghborhood any teenage girls between ages og 14 yrs-17yrs. old that you can tyrust with your child. ? After teens are looking around to make some money .now a days. At least where I live.
    incarnita

Answer by incarnita at 9:24 AM on Oct. 24, 2009

• honestly...when you don't really know many people I have found that young girls..teens or pre-teens to be the most reliable. I know this sounds crazy but they are young enough to have energy and scared enough to be extra cautious and alert. Ask your local high school if they know of any or post a flier on the bullentine board. You can always interview and I find young girls are easiest to feel out. They have less experience with manipulation. The older sitters or sitters in the daycare profession can be burned out or indifferent to the needs and demands of your child. I am not in anyway trying to scare you or discourage you but all of those terrifying nanny-cam reports you see are usually older woman. I am also not trying to discredit daycare professionals either, I am just sharing my experience.
    missv66

Answer by missv66 at 9:25 AM on Oct. 24, 2009

• You may also want to check with church youth groups
    sweetboys4me

Answer by sweetboys4me at 9:26 AM on Oct. 24, 2009