savings plan for child

do u have savins plan for ur kids?
if so how old, and how much?
my guy is 15 months
we have only 120$ saved in his bank acocunt
do u do this for ur kids or step kids? how much d0 u have and how old and how do u save
answer annonymously if u dont want anyone to know :)

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:59 PM on Oct. 23, 2009 in Just for Fun

• My son is 3.5, I set up a savings for him when he was like a month old. I deposit all my spare change into the account periodically throughout the year and every year for his birthday deposit 100$ into the account. He still gets a birthday present, he doesn't even know yet this account exists. He has about 425 in it now, and i'll deposit another 100 on his 4th birthday.
    ba13ygrl1987

Answer by ba13ygrl1987 at 12:14 AM on Oct. 24, 2009

• We have savings bonds for our ds and my parents have an account set up for him for college as well. They did it because we had a car repoed and they went after our checking and savings. We don't want our bad credit to affect our son's ability to go to college. In all honesty, I think they will take care of his college for the most part (they retired at 50 with 7 figures in the bank).
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:31 AM on Oct. 24, 2009

• Our kids have savings accounts. They are 9 and 4. They each have a couple of hundred dollars. When they get checks from relatives, the money goes in their accounts. When I had a job, a set amount went in there each month when I got paid. We'll do that again when I go back to work. sigh, hopefully soon.
    Pnukey

Answer by Pnukey at 11:08 AM on Oct. 24, 2009