What do you want your house to look like?

My Husband and I are looking into houses, we want a one level or 2, if 2 then rooms must be up stairs, and one down stairs for a office. I want the front door entrance to be cherry hardwood floor, nice fluffy cream color carpet the nice kind, cherry wood floors in kitchen, I want silver equipment in kitchen, oak wood cabers & cabinets, small back yard, and a very small front yard, fenced back yard oak fence. grant counter tops, nice newer windows, granted bathroom tile in shower, a walk in shower, deep tub with jets, nice granted sleek cream colored tile/ flooring in bathroom and counter top, oak wood cabinets. nice wood rails up to stairs if has a stair case, I want a nice medium sized dining room, 4 bedrooms, 2 baths, big living room with lots of space, a wide opened kitchen, and a medium sized family room. a back patio/ with a small deck with 3 steps off of it. And a small deck front door. I want nice door with glass.

Hesmynavyman

Asked by Hesmynavyman at 12:08 AM on Oct. 24, 2009 in Just for Fun

• We will only buy single story homes. Our criteria is that it had to have side parking with a double gate (for my husband's work stuff), had to be in a good school district, had to have two living areas (one for a play room and one for a living room), had to have an office or good office area, had to have a nice yard and be in a good neighborhood. We bought a bank owned home last year that met all our needs, but was boring and ugly inside. We spent over $40,000 but now it's perfect. We put in landscaping and a big free form pebblestone patio, new tile, marble, new carpet, new granite counters in the bathroom, new faucets, showers, paint, you name it. We poured concrete up to the side yard and had a nice wall built and designed a double gate for it. Now everything is exactly how we wanted it.
    JulieJacobKyle

Answer by JulieJacobKyle at 12:19 AM on Oct. 24, 2009

• lol well we are remodeling right now an old farmhouse so as i walk into my glass french patio doors, i want my whole downstairs hardwood maple floors to have dark redish stain, everything's open except my large bathroom that was once a bedroom, i have an open stair case with a wooden railing and a landing. all my walls are wood like a cabin not sheetrock.

my bathroom has a clawfoot tub by a large window, has a corner vanity with fancy mirrors on the wall. the walls are sheetrocked and painted.

my kichen is very huge, even has a tiny room off of the kitchen that used to be a tiny bedroom. it has a dishwasher and possibly 2 ovens, one in wall and one glasstop. fancy redone tiling on the countertops.

also a fireplace with a a sitting place made with stones around it.

thats pretty much a brush up what i have in mind for now, i didnt even start on it yet lol
    americansugar80

Answer by americansugar80 at 12:26 AM on Oct. 24, 2009

• i actually have my dram house in my mind that we are going to build....... I keep changing my mind about all the detailed interior....but as for the layout....inside the front door is a small sitting area...and where the coat rack and everyhing will be..then there is a wide entrance,a nd you can see our big staircase... to the left is a hallway, with a half bath and my daughters room ( also has her own bathroom ) on the left side of the hall, on the right is a little "mud room", which has an opening to the back deck, and then my sons room ( has his own bathroom too) is next to that. at the end of the hall is our master room, which we have our own bathroom................is you wnet to the right when coming in the front door, is the big open living room...lined with big windows and a big set of french doors in the middle.... next is the dinging room, then the kitchen, off of the kitchen is a small breakfast nook, *continued *
    glamomomo

Answer by glamomomo at 12:30 AM on Oct. 24, 2009

• and also a sun room
    upstairs for the time being is alot or storage space....also a big play room , office space, 3 spare rooms, 1 1/2 baths .....and in front of the big, front, main window i want a big comfy chair so we can sit and watch the sun set, etc.
    glamomomo

Answer by glamomomo at 12:33 AM on Oct. 24, 2009