Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I know I should leave him, but what about our baby?

Hello, here's a quick glimpse at what's been going on. My boyfriend and I have been dating off and on for 6 years now. 2 years ago we went through a domestic violence case, I swore we would never date again. Well a year later and a 12 pack I got pregant with a one nighter with him. Now, he hauled us from ohio to az, and we are going downhill again (we tolorate each other) but the thing I am worried about us (me and my son) leaving him and our 10 mo old not being with him...I am very confused as I have been told I have Stockholm Syndrome. Anyways, I just don't know what's best for the baby, I want him 2 have his dad in his life but I can't take his controlling, immature,selfish lifestyle anymore. Please, no ridiculing responces...


Asked by Anonymous at 12:39 AM on Oct. 24, 2009 in Relationships

This question is closed.
Answers (4)
  • was in a similar situation where his behavior caused Child protective services to be involved (a blessing in disguise) i finally was able to get away from him and was in counseling....was hard at first but it does get easier as time goes on.

    If you think he might retaliate if you try to leave then find a shelter (they could also help you with the legal aspect)

    the fact that you have the domestic abuse on record will help with custody.

    I know for me it was terrifying to think about being alone with a new baby, even though my ex didnt help at all.

    Good luck

    Answer by tntmom1027 at 12:48 AM on Oct. 24, 2009

  • You can leave the guy but still allow him to be a part of your sons life. Parents do it all the time. Just try to make sure you have full legal custody.

    Many states have free legal aid. You might try discussing with them. Or many lawyers offer a free consultation. You might try that too.


    Answer by outstandingLove at 12:41 AM on Oct. 24, 2009

  • U can leave. It will be better for your son. Not to grow up seeing violence. If you were never married and with the Domestic Violence you should have no trrouble getting FULL custody. DO NOT DO SHARED. Leave and seek leagal advice asap. you will start recieving child support as soon as papers go thru the sooner the better for you. But please for yourself and your son's sake leave before he learns his daddy's ways.

    Answer by roxyann76 at 12:46 AM on Oct. 24, 2009

  • I'm in Az if you need help you can PM me. Listen if it's a dangerous sits you need to get out if he gets tired of hitting you he may start hitting the baby. most domestic abusers eventually turn on the children and most abusive sits end in death of the one being abused. You need to do what if safest for yourself and that baby if you need anything I am more than willing to help in any way I can in this sit Let me no if I can help. Please get out while you can. Please!!!

    Answer by hot-mama86 at 12:54 AM on Oct. 24, 2009