• In the Spotlight:

I have a 1o day old babygirl who has only pooped 2 times in 3 days.. what could be wrong or what can i do to help her??

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:49 AM on Oct. 24, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• are you FF or BF?
    outstandingLove

Answer by outstandingLove at 12:50 AM on Oct. 24, 2009

• Im BF
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:59 AM on Oct. 24, 2009

• Well baby should poop at least once a day is what I was told when my daughter was born and having trouble pooping. She is now 3. Her Doctor told me to get "dark" Karo sryup from the store. You can ask if that will help. It did help with my daughter.
    HANNAHSMOMMY25

Answer by HANNAHSMOMMY25 at 1:03 AM on Oct. 24, 2009

• I'd call your pediatrician first. Check with them and see what they think with such a young baby. We took our son to a chiropractor when he was 5 1/2 months old. We had problems getting my son to gain weight while BFing so we had to start supplement feeding. The formula was really hard on his insides. His Dr. said he'd adjust.

He wasn't pooping and you can imagine how UNHAPPY he was. I was seeing the chiro. & he asked about my son. I was terrified & angry with myself for letting him near my son, until I saw results. They do NO adjustments, popping, pushing, etc. He used a tuning fork, stimulated it and put it on the inside of his wrist bones. It sends a message through the spinal cord - the organs and gets things moving. Voila! He was a pooping machine. Amazing! He also did some other amazing things. Ask your friends who they go to. Check around first, see if they work on babies. Our chiro. has worked on babies 6 days old.
    appleofhzi

Answer by appleofhzi at 1:03 AM on Oct. 24, 2009

• you have a 1 day old but she hasnt pooped in 3 days? thats strange..
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:07 AM on Oct. 24, 2009

• I'm guessing that says 10.
    toriandgrace

Answer by toriandgrace at 1:14 AM on Oct. 24, 2009

• yea shes 10 days old.. i must have pushed the wrong button..
    Smashbunni

Answer by Smashbunni at 1:32 AM on Oct. 24, 2009

• you can put a baby thermometer a little bit in and sometimes that will stimulate it if you're worried. my baby did a similar thing, and the dr told me that its not too unusual for them to have changes in their routines. my baby one time didnt go for three whole days and i was freakin out so i called the dr and he said i could put some apple juice in his formula, or breastmilk, but i would def call the dr befor giving baby anything like that.
    disheveled

Answer by disheveled at 2:39 AM on Oct. 24, 2009

• More then likely, there is nothing wrong. A breastfed baby can go up to 5 days without pooping. Is she still having wet diapers? At this stage, her body is still adjusting to nursing and it is very common. Unless her belly gets really hard or she seems to be having some discomfort, don't worry about it too much just yet. If it goes on past 5 days, call your pediatrician.
    Rebecca7708

Answer by Rebecca7708 at 2:40 AM on Oct. 24, 2009

• It's normal for them to not go every day as long as the diapers are wet. Please do not give your baby Karo syrup. Corn syrup is bad enough for people, but for a 10 day old... :( Corn syrup can cause headaches, high insulin levels, and lots of other things that I shouldn't mention cause this post was about diapers. Just had to add in my two cents.
    Amber115

Answer by Amber115 at 3:51 AM on Oct. 24, 2009