Do you think I am worrying over nothing?

We're pregnant with #2. My dh is not excited and interested about it. He loves our first one dearly. I'm worried that when our #2 gets here, he will not love this baby as much as our #1. Am I worrying over nothing? Do you think he will change once the baby gets here? Anyone went through this?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:02 AM on Oct. 24, 2009 in Pregnancy

• He will be fine, I wouldn't be worried
    Zakysmommy

Answer by Zakysmommy at 1:06 AM on Oct. 24, 2009

• give it time. Sometimes it takes people a little while to get use to the idea of being a parent,...even if it isn't the first time. It's a life changing experience regardless and he might just need some time to get use to the idea. Don't worry yourself about it. Just take care of you and the pregnancy, and the rest will surely fall into place. GL
    jdrae13

Answer by jdrae13 at 1:10 AM on Oct. 24, 2009

• I think that maybe you shouldn't necessarily be worried but just keep it in mind. Not everyone bonds during pregnancy. I know that even I, as horrible as it sounds, didn't truly love my daughter until she actually started moving around and not just sitting there or in my tummy. Just give it time, sometimes you have to grow to love someone and that can actually be the best kind there is because its not forced upon you.
    Deathlilly

Answer by Deathlilly at 1:36 AM on Oct. 24, 2009

• my husband was like that too, we had a boy first and they were buddies and then when our 2ond came our little girl. he was upset that it was a girl, he always wanted two boys close together, but now she is daddys little girl and they have a bond like no other. it is kinda amazing how things change when you have 2. it will be ok and he will come around.
    Dusti3

Answer by Dusti3 at 1:56 AM on Oct. 24, 2009